• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest - gumming up arrivals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"""But the inflight fuel savings are negated by taxiing at 45 kts. They must spend a lot of money on brakes."""

I bet the other airlines go thru them faster due to riding the brakes keeping their speed < 10 knots.

If you read the thread, you will see that my response was to the uninformed. See below...

Yeah, I read it.

Have you looked into a slightly slower descent speed in your Challenger? The difference between a 350 descent & say a 300 or 320 would be minimal & you might save some gas.

Or not.

Making fun of a guy flying a real machine while flying around in a RJ??....I'll take a Falcon 2000 over a brand new 170,000lb Airbus any day of the week..

I wouldn't take either one they're both French pieces of crap!!!

Just throwing out a suggestion, sport.

I welcome coments, sugestions, ideas, etc., but when you do so in a condescending manner, it negates the coments legitimacy and your sincerity.

If you truly weren't trying to be condescending, and you just happen to be one of those people who just always sounds like an a$$ no matter what they say, well, then I apologize.

I welcome coments, sugestions, ideas, etc., but when you do so in a condescending manner, it negates the coments legitimacy and your sincerity.

If you truly weren't trying to be condescending, and you just happen to be one of those people who just always sounds like an a$$ no matter what they say, well, then I apologize.

You might want to check out your original post that started this whole thread.

In the past 9 months or so, I've heard numerous UAL & F9 Airbii asking for 250 descents. What if they were "gumming" up your arrival in your Challenger? Sounds like you just wanted to bash SWA.

If it was a good idea to descend at basically VMO, don't you think all the airlines would be doing it?

Sort of like...

I'm guessing that your management passed down some new brilliant fuel conservation profile?
What do you expect us, as the average line pilots, to do about this? I don't see us speeding up and burning more fuel to accommodate the average millionaire bizjet owner.

Last edited:
Quimby and BVT - as stated on the first page, I did NOT start this thread. I forgot to log out and someone posted under my name. You might want to re-read MY posts, not the first one. I am not trying to bash anyone.

Latest resources

Back