• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest effect ending?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have a fantastic imagination! It may serve you well when your RJs are parked and you have to look for a job. Maybe children's books? Zed, the Mule, and the Gimp....I like it..... I think that concept may lead to a "Harry Potter" like franchise....I will finance it, and give you 2% of all royalties.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think you should worry about your own airline, you stole the pensions of the retired pilots at DAL and now you are cutting international and domestic flights.
Everyone has been calling for the demise of SWA and guess what we are still here.

I used to fly into LGA all the time and while it isn't as laid-back as Lincoln Nebraska, it is just another airport.[/quote]

Things have changed a bit since 1956.

He captured the sentiments exactly when pilots see a LGA turn on their schedule, especially when it is the last leg of a pairing and your trying to commute home. So while it is just another airport, it's one that requires much patience.

ESPRIT

Well, you dominate the LBB market, that is for sure! Good for you.... and watch what we do when a new entrant comes to town.(MSP) Can't wait. And you will soon start LGA service. That ought to be fun. Your model is changing, and that might not be for the better. Let's hope you don't get RJs next for feed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You bet we dominate LBB. Some of those Texas Tech chicks are hot! But, stripper flights from the OC to LAS are still my favorite!

I think you should worry about your own airline, you stole the pensions of the retired pilots at DAL ....quote]

WOW. This one really baffles me. How did they "steal" the pensions of the retired pilots.

They got a sweet deal and took a large lump sump of cash with them.

It was negotiated, so no one "stole" it.

Boy...some of the comments remind me of the rhetoric that come out of a political campaign.

For the record...I have flown into LGA and PHL in my past while flying for a "legacy" airline.

While both airports have more then their fair share of delays....given the chioce, I would rather fly into LGA then PHL.

sometimes its worse....sometimes it ain't. Just another airport.

And for those that wanna make the Rwy 31 Expy Visual a big deal....it ain't. No different than the circle to land to 22L at MDW or the Visual over the "mixmaster" to 13's at DAL....

For those who weren't there when it happened...

I think you should worry about your own airline, you stole the pensions of the retired pilots at DAL ....quote]

WOW. This one really baffles me. How did they "steal" the pensions of the retired pilots.

What happened was that the former DAL management lost billions of the pension dollars entrusted to them by making risky investments which projected high returns. This enabled them to avoid contributing cash to the plan for years.

They got a sweet deal and took a large lump sump of cash with them.

"They", meaning the executives, certainly did. The "lump sump"s were also called SERPs (bankruptcy-proof golden parachutes).

It was negotiated, so no one "stole" it.

Except for the fact that retirees had no voice or vote in the deal, one might say that it was "negotiated".
Dalpa figured that the DB pensions were toast anyway, so they agreed "not to oppose" the termination in return for a contract agreement more favorable than the one they feared would otherwise be imposed. They stated that they did not represent retirees, but only active members.

Latest resources

Back