• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest effect ending?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You just have to wonder what happened to this toolbag at LBB......

-My guess would be it involved a mule, some guy named Zed, and a gimp...

-Probably not pretty, but it would explain some stuff.

You have a fantastic imagination! It may serve you well when your RJs are parked and you have to look for a job. Maybe children's books? Zed, the Mule, and the Gimp....I like it..... I think that concept may lead to a "Harry Potter" like franchise....I will finance it, and give you 2% of all royalties.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Some advantages are definetly shrinking. However, we haven't "shrunk" yet. We have more planes and pilots than we did last year at this time.

You are currently "shrinking" at BWI. Hey, overall we are all downsizing or stopping growth, thanks for finally joining us.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Trickle down economics work in good times and bad. It's truly going to be interesting to see what becomes of Herb's band of merry marauders as the forthcoming economic storm arrives at the trailer park terminus of the gravy train.

You are currently "shrinking" at BWI. Hey, overall we are all downsizing or stopping growth, thanks for finally joining us.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Point? BWI is one of 65 cities. We would be retarded not to adjust supply with demand. We are actually shrinking in quite a few places. Growing in others. It's a balance. However in '08 we added planes and 15 classes worth of pilots.

'09 we will not add ANY palnes or pilots !
Thank God we have our least productive highest paid pilots around another 5 years !

The way I look at it they got rid of xxx amount of non-money making flights...go into new markets such as MSP and LGA...using the excess availability of aircraft and crews...Reduce leased space that is not being utilized to save money to invest in previously said new markets. Oil has come down which helps everyone especially us. sure we lose a little on security deposits on the bad hedges but I think these were strange times which nobody had a forecast model for. I think we are just fine....but of course who am I...

Welcome to LGA. You guys are going to want to be paid by the minute for that experience.

They will do the same they do in Philly. They will over block in the schedule to "take" some of the delays. I am sure it is a lot worse than Philly from what I read. I bet they dedicate the aircraft to those flights and not down-line flight so they do not fup the rest of the system. I think it will be just fine. It comes with the territory.

Latest resources

Back