• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest effect ending?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not think the SWA Effect is ending, however EVERYONE will feel the pain of a Global Recession, SWA is not excluded in this.

AAflyer

They will do the same they do in Philly. They will over block in the schedule to "take" some of the delays. I am sure it is a lot worse than Philly from what I read. I bet they dedicate the aircraft to those flights and not down-line flight so they do not fup the rest of the system. I think it will be just fine. It comes with the territory.

That it does, and I agree Philly stinks too.

On the subject of SWA/LGA:

I am very happy that SWA is taking ATA's cert/slots at LGA.

The morning of the Bankruptcy I was overjoyed by the fact that I would never again have to fly to LGA.

I'm not kidding. It's that bad.

You will mutter horrible things under your breath when you see those 3 dreaded letters "LGA" in your schedule.

Seriously, it can be the ruination of an otherwise nice 3-4 day trip.

All it takes is a rain shower within 900 miles of Cleveland center and BINGO... U R Farked.

Even better, you watch the weather for 2 days before the much feared LGA turn and all is well. The day of the trip is sunny and bright as advertised at departure and destination. There is no weather enroute. All is well and you are mentally prepared for a nice day of flying....Wham! 3-4 hour delay out of MDW to LGA because of " insert reason Du Jour here".

Mark my words, you will all be bidding differently than you have in the past just to avoid, or minimize your exposure to, LGA.

Good Luck.

YKMKR

Last edited:
Geez Whine, a little melodramatic there? I used to fly into LGA all the time and while it isn't as laid-back as Lincoln Nebraska, it is just another airport.

Yes, but I agree with him. Best times are before 2 PM or after 8PM. There are delays in there almost every afternoon. Once airborne it is a breeze.

Slowed growth, codeshare outsourcing, and now delays at LGA.. Welcome to the club SWA pilots. You should be as miserable as the rest of us shortly! Just kidding...kind of.

Happy Turkey Day,

AA

Welcome to LGA. You guys are going to want to be paid by the minute for that experience.

We get paid for every five minutes above scheduled block after the first twelve minutes late.

Yeah, with $1 beer, that should not be too difficult.

Yes, but I agree with him. Best times are before 2 PM or after 8PM. There are delays in there almost every afternoon. Once airborne it is a breeze.

Double Delta, short of the wind sock. Shut 'em down.

Latest resources

Back