Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SOUTHWEST dodges another date with fate...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bad week for SWA. Today, a SWA 737 inbound from STL made an emergency landing in MCO due to a "possible fire." Pax were evacuated on the runway. This is what the local media in Orlando is reporting.

Because it is Southwest, I'm assuming that no one would dare consider the possibility that some of their two-peso-an-hour taco benders pencil whipped one too many inspection south of the border.

No, of course we can't talk about it. That would be blasphemous to the new-age trinity. Nafta, political-correctness, and Southwest.

Just out of curiosity, are the logs pencil-whipped in Spanish when you outsource out of the country?

We havent even received our first plane back from their yet. Yet another factless dribble of a post. Ever think of getting facts before you post? What a concept huh?

Even from a cursory look at the news photos, it's pretty obvious that an antenna came off. So if you want to wildly speculate I'll submit that some one grabbed a handfull of screws from the wrong bin.

Guess again, there is not an antenna in that position on SWA aircraft. I'm guessing metal fatigue. The inspections performed on this aircraft are going to be under the microscope. The pilots did a great job with the situation they were handed.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sout...0709685/&sid=f047d97c4c43665f6b1d72862c085604

http://www.airliners.net/search/pho...limit=15&sid=5940a829df8b3190cae93ae5d418b9da

Last edited:
Because it is Southwest, I'm assuming that no one would dare consider the possibility that some of their two-peso-an-hour taco benders pencil whipped one too many inspection south of the border.

No, of course we can't talk about it. That would be blasphemous to the new-age trinity. Nafta, political-correctness, and Southwest.

Just out of curiosity, are the logs pencil-whipped in Spanish when you outsource out of the country?
No one dare speak badly about SWA, because then your resume become null and void!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...uthwest_07bus.ART.State.Edition2.1d31ae1.html

"When Southwest belatedly conducted the inspections, it found cracks in the bodies of six Boeing 737-300s, with the largest measuring 4 inches. Serious fractures can depressurize an aircraft and in 1988 caused an Aloha Airlines jet to rip apart, killing a flight attendant."

Let's keep putting off those inspections...

Those who live in glass houses s-s-s-sink sh-sh-sh-ships!
I don't care who you work for, you know you've either seen it, heard of it or done it. "It" being whatever you want it to be... We ride a fine line in this industry, lets try not to kill anyone on the ride.

Tailwinds

BB

Latest resources

Back