• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest crew bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any speculation on whether Las will go senior or junior? Also any truth to rumor that there will be 600 pilots domeciled there?

Thanks

No one knows if it will go senior or junior yet. A lot of guys I have talked to have said "they would like to move there some day for the tax reasons." A lot of people say they "hate Vegas and would never move there." So who knows.. The base is going to open on 1 Oct with 300 pilots to start and some 600 plus flight attendants.

A little bird keeps telling me Denver....

Curious...how does this affect opening a new domicile?

Its doesn't, unless that new base is in CA. Then it plays a huge roll. Taxes and CA laws make it cost more to operate there.

Can anyone shed light on what it takes to get a call for an interview at SWA? There are lots of guys that I work with that have been called out of the blue without knowing anyone. Most of them were fairly close to 2000 turbine PIC so I'm assuming that is that the magic number.

On a side note, what are the chances of getting PHX as a FO base?

To get an interview at SWA, all it takes is a "competitive" application. You really don't have to know anyone. In fact, they don't even want recommendation letters from us insiders until one has been called for an interview.

As others have said....If you want PHX, it should happen pretty quickly...within a couple of months.

Does anyone care to shed light on what is considered competitve? I have similar experience to others being called for interviews but I haven't received any LUV!

Thanks

Completely unscientific survey of my friends from the regionals who are currently getting called looks like WITH the type 3500 to 5000 total with 1500-2500PIC, withOUT the type seems to be about 1500 more in each catagory.

Good luck, it's worth the wait.

Congrats!

Thanks everyone for the replies...got invited for an interview yesterday out of the clear blue, after over four years since originally submitting my resume. Just trying to catch up

Way to go! Good luck to you!

Had breakfast with Gary Kelly and Colleen the other day. Someone asked about new domiciles (specifically DEN and BNA). They point-blank said they were not considering any new domiciles.

Funny....When I just flew with a chief pilot I asked him off the cuff if they were gonna open a new crew base next year ('08) and he said yes.......(and then mentioned they just haven't announced it yet..)

Latest resources

Back