• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest crew bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL, PHX, OAK, MDY, MCO, BWI, HOU, LAS (starts this fall) One more base to be announced this year for 2008

Helmsmen

Mdw??

I'm not positive since I don't regularly commute, but I think it is a 2 flight rule. You need a way to get to base and a back up, and if those end up canceled or full, you can call in, and it is no harm no foul (but no pay) until you can catch up with your pairing. probably a little more complex than that though, so hopefully a real commuter can flesh this out.

last flight of the night the day before. thats my policy.

I'm not positive since I don't regularly commute, but I think it is a 2 flight rule. You need a way to get to base and a back up, and if those end up canceled or full, you can call in, and it is no harm no foul (but no pay) until you can catch up with your pairing. probably a little more complex than that though, so hopefully a real commuter can flesh this out.

That's right on the money....

Would someone be so kind as to list the current SWA domiciles? Specifically, is BNA one of them? I did do a search on here but never found what I was looking for...

From what I heard, BNA was in the running and got beat out by Vegas, so if we do announce 1 more base this year, it may be considered again. Never know. Nice thing is, (assume you live in BNA?) there are LOTS of flights to our various bases from there, it'd be a pretty easy commute.

Latest resources

Back