• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Captain" WTFO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish he said that when the actual captain was on board...

I fell asleep after about 45 seconds of that guys monotone dribble about how it might be raining one day, and sunny the next...amazing

Southwest "Captain" ....

He said he was with SWA 8 years. That would put him as a 'Lance' Captain status. Meaning that he is a First Officer (notice the 3 stripes), but he is Captain qualified. Top 8% of the F/O list. He therefore flies a F/O line, but can pick up Captain trips in open time, giveaway, etc. Hope this explains the apparent discrepancy.

He is a Lance out of DAL. Note to self: While wearing 3 stripes and sitting in the left seat. And when putting ones a$$ on a stupid video that will go out to all ends of the planet, you may want to say "first officer or pilot." Lesson to all pilots from the late Chris Farley "keep yer damn yapper shut."

Why do some people believe that the world actually gives a s--- about what they have to say on youtube? Am I the only one that finds videos like this incredibly narcissistic? ("lance" Captain or not)

Am I the only one that thinks this guy may have been helping out a school with this video and had nothing but the best of intentions? I have spoken at my kids schools in much the same tone with zero narcissism involved. If he has earned the right to be called Captain then he should use that title in such a manner. SWA gives enough fodder to rip on, find something else.

If you're going to use you're title, put on your 4th stripe.

Am I the only one that thinks this guy may have been helping out a school with this video and had nothing but the best of intentions? I have spoken at my kids schools in much the same tone with zero narcissism involved. If he has earned the right to be called Captain then he should use that title in such a manner. SWA gives enough fodder to rip on, find something else.

I think you're right, thats what it looks like to me.

I agree. I'm about as cynical as they come, but I'd say he did an ok job if he was recording that for his kids class.

Now if that was his lead in for the video dating service it'd be another story :)

Latest resources

Back