• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Captain" WTFO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Am I the only one that thinks this guy may have been helping out a school with this video and had nothing but the best of intentions?...If he has earned the right to be called Captain then he should use that title in such a manner.

Yeah he probably was making the video for his kid's school. Good on him for that.

However, posting the video on the internet in your FO uniform while calling yourself a captain is just asking for the FI gods to make fun of you.

"Lance" Captain? Are you serious?

Don't laugh too hard. I've heard some of the idiots at our company that want to get this in our next contract.

He is a lance Captain but still an F/O... he is considered by the company as an F/O, bids F/O lines and has to either pick-up Captain trips in between his F/O trips or give all F/O trips away and grab Captain trips out of trip-trade-giveaway or bid for them in open time. He is an F/O period, qualified to fly as a Captain when he can.

So what if he called himself a Captain. We all know he's an F/O. You can bet when he goes to his adopt-a-pilot class he's got that fourth bar on.

You sound jealous. If he is the pilot in command, then he is the Captain. I'm sure the FAA considers him the Captain, and that is what matters. Give the guy a break. Where is the LUV?

Hi..um..I'm a cap..uh, captain...I enjoy the rain and the sun...buh-deep, buh-deep, buh-deep...that's all folks! /end drunk Daffy Duck voice

I bet he was wearing cowboy boots, too. :D

Don't laugh too hard. I've heard some of the idiots at our company that want to get this in our next contract.
You're kidding... Who the hell is advocating this?

This would simply reduce the number of CA's they have to upgrade to cover the existing flying.

At a company like Southwest that won't jeopardize safety by building rear-loaded red-eyes and such, they staff an appropriate number of CA's so I wouldn't imagine it's such a big deal.

However, with a company that staffs thin as a course of doing business and saving money, giving them a way to leave F/O's on F/O pay and just giving them the ability to pick up CA time when they have extra CA flying in open time seems like a free ticket to always staff the CA seat too low for operations and letting the senior F/O's pick up the slack.

You sound jealous. If he is the pilot in command, then he is the Captain. I'm sure the FAA considers him the Captain, and that is what matters. Give the guy a break. Where is the LUV?

I'm sorry? say again? did you honestly detect a jealous tone to that?

what a tool.

You're kidding... Who the hell is advocating this?

Usually the same mouth breathers that tell me that I "cost them thousands of dollars" by voting NO on TA2. :rolleyes:

This would simply reduce the number of CA's they have to upgrade to cover the existing flying.

At a company like Southwest that won't jeopardize safety by building rear-loaded red-eyes and such, they staff an appropriate number of CA's so I wouldn't imagine it's such a big deal.

However, with a company that staffs thin as a course of doing business and saving money, giving them a way to leave F/O's on F/O pay and just giving them the ability to pick up CA time when they have extra CA flying in open time seems like a free ticket to always staff the CA seat too low for operations and letting the senior F/O's pick up the slack.

Preaching to the choir, buddy.

I'm sorry? say again? did you honestly detect a jealous tone to that?

what a tool.

Yes, I honestly did detect a hint of jealousy. Otherwise, I would not have written my post.

Yes, I am a tool. I have all 19 types of Cessnas that I flew listed in my avatar.

Latest resources

Back