• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually Midway Airlines was flying it even way before you guys. Many of our ex-Midway pilots have told me it was their best money making route. We shouldn't have waited this long.

Then ATA flew those routes. I personally never carried less than 150 pax out of MSP on the -800 and that was with ATA's near non-existant marketing. All I ever heard from the MSP pax was how glad they were we flew in there so they would not have to fly NWA.

Really tell that to the customers of Airtran, dont think they have a problem taking away business from Delta. They are continously breaking record load factors.

Flying on AT and SWA are two diff experiences. AT provides snacks and has XM. They are more of a premium LCC than SWA. (I commute on them regularly).
So that comparison won't work unless you are referring to some folks that just need to get from point A to B and don't care about anything else.

Scope...let's be honest. You make good commuter airline money for working at a legacy.

The W-2 thing is true. A Song 777 Capt makes less than a SWA capt. Just like a 3 year FO make as much as any Song FO. Shoot, a 5 or 6 year SWA FO makes Song narrow body Capt money.

Scope...let's be honest. You make good commuter airline money for working at a legacy.

The W-2 thing is true. A Song 777 Capt makes less than a SWA capt. Just like a 3 year FO make as much as any Song FO. Shoot, a 5 or 6 year SWA FO makes Song narrow body Capt money.

Dude, you seriously crack me up... :laugh:

Thank God!!! Finally, the MSP-CHI market will come down to realistic fares. I only hope it will have an effect on the MSP-ORD market versus just the MDW market. I would suspect that WN waited for the HHH before going to MSP all these years. That combined with the merger seems to be a great time to attack.

As a MSP-CHI commuter for ORD, I must say that I am pleased to have SWA flying the route so that the tickets I buy will go from $200-$300 one way to $59-$99.

The beauty of this is that I will get the benefit of SWA lowering ticket prices without having to fly on them...cause I will avoid them at all cost as I continue to fly on NWA or AirTran to MDW.

Thank God!!! Finally, the MSP-CHI market will come down to realistic fares. I only hope it will have an effect on the MSP-ORD market versus just the MDW market. I would suspect that WN waited for the HHH before going to MSP all these years. That combined with the merger seems to be a great time to attack.

As a MSP-CHI commuter for ORD, I must say that I am pleased to have SWA flying the route so that the tickets I buy will go from $200-$300 one way to $59-$99.

The beauty of this is that I will get the benefit of SWA lowering ticket prices without having to fly on them...cause I will avoid them at all cost as I continue to fly on NWA or AirTran to MDW.

Last I checked AirTran doesn't do MDW any longer. When was your last commute???

Latest resources

Back