Southwest and Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shagadelic

We have some language in our new TA that allows RJ's if they are part of a purchased entity. This exception only applies to a particular transaction dealing with one domestic carrier that can't be named due to confidentiality. It appears we have someone we are buying, and the rumors are that it's Frontier. Anyone else hear anything??

This is the actual language from our "Questions and Answers":

Question:

During the term of this agreement, Southest Airlines will not enter into any domestic or trans-border codeshare agreement with a regional carrier or involving a regional carrier except as required as part of a transaction involving the acquisition of another carrier or its assets,...this is so open ended. The company could easily come up with 10 different ways to buy assets or companies to get around this cause.

Answer:

This exception refers to a specific transaction involving a single domestic carrier. The name of the carrier is not included in our contract due to confidentiality. If the company acquired another carrier, it would be covered by our Scope language.

You've got more chance of buying Alaska than Frontier. With that language, you'd get Horizon in the deal.

Why would SWA want an Airbus operation? That doesn't make sense.

Because Beoing isn't playing well in the search for a 737 replacement.

I think it's Airtran.

Or it could be using the ATA cert as noted above, call up Mesa and off they go...

To all:

Might find this of interest, though I don't think anything will come of it now.

Talk to a person who works for AMR in another capacity other than a pilot. We were talking about contract language and other industry news.

If seems this person was responsible for determing some of the costs to operate Eagle when they were up for sale by AMR. Funny thing this person said to me was one of the bidders was Southwest. I thought that was interesting.

Don't think SWA would of really bought Eagle, or that AMR would entertain the sale to them, but just interesting info to say the least.

During the term of this agreement, Southest Airlines will not enter into any domestic or trans-border codeshare agreement with a regional carrier or involving a regional carrier except as required as part of a transaction involving the acquisition of another carrier or its assets,...this is so open ended. The company could easily come up with 10 different ways to buy assets or companies to get around this cause.

I agree, you can drive a monster truck through that language. They way I read it, the "acquired carrier" could be a regional. It only says that a code share is not OK, but nothing about buying a regional in its entirety. Either way, they could defiantly acquire a company that has a regional.

Look what NWA did with Midwest. Basically turned them into a regional.

Lock and load fellas, you got incoming.

Dude, its not that hard to figure out. Alaska... followed by Frontier airlines (-8's and CRJ's).

That would make a good mix.

X

Latest resources

Back