Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think SWA managment knows the term ATLANTATUDE. As all of us born and raised in Atlanta know they are in for a rude awaking.

What is fair and equitable

First, congrats to AAI guys. At first glance, it is a windfall for you guys. Welcome to an in house union...pros and cons but mostly pro. M&A's are tough (so i've heard), hope this doesn't turn out to be US Airways debacle. So what is fair and equitable, a 7 year FO at SWA makes more than a 7 year Captain? Do we look at pay or position...little of both. 50% of SWA pilots were hired after Mar 01. So we have a lot of "new" pilots, our senior guys will probably stay right where they are. Sadly, in the end, the opinion of one arbitrater matters...between now and then let the flightinfo experts go to town
My parents non-reved on Airtran a lot between Atlanta and Orlando...were treated great. thanks
Hope the best for all!

Hmmm. NorWelta. UneeTEDinental. LUVtrain? FLyWiN? SWAT?

I like playing name combos.

I like LUVtrain. I still can't believe they let Virgin use Red Wood for a call sign! Too funny! I can just see the Virgin guy telling the FAA with a straight face: "Um, no. It's the tree we're talking about...":laugh:

Let me add my congratulations to Lear! Glad that is behind you.

I can only IMAGINE the reaction from Delta's management when they heard the news. But I'm sure they all got together for an emergency meeting to confirm their coolness and being the world's biggest carrier....oh wait, crap. I don't think this is good news AT ALL for big D with SW being a dominate player in the ATL. Grabbing the popcorn now......along with some Pep.

The good news I see is that now our company/union won't be able to club us with "we need the lower rates to stay competitive with Airtran" BS as SWA pilots pay is much higher on the 737 than ours.......also maybe we will get some of the Airtran 717s as Southwest replaces them with 737s.

I bet Delta and AK get together. They already have a big codeshare going, and they park at each other's gates.

and guess what.....

90% post's on this thread just confirm to me how many dork's are in aviation!!!!

........with the Waffle House on your Avatat, you are one of them! Welcome to the club. You have been a member and didn't even know it. Emphasis on "member"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back