• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ben, you understand that you have been called out to post this same crap that you are spewing here on the SWAPA forum, Right? I must say you are a gutless wonder boy hiding behind BH. Come outta that closet boy and let us see your face. You have my word that your identity will not be released here on FI.com

I personally spoke with the VP in PHX two months ago. He said the company offered no COLA and raises tied to earnings that when researched would have triggered once in the past eight years. Once during the most profitable time in our history. If you know something else I'm all ears.

Gup

ASA, Ben works here (says "light twins for SWA" in his info box).
Gup, with the economy being so shaky and things in the industry changing so much yeay to year, why would we want a long contract? I usually hear 3 years max...I know negotiations are a pain, but I don't think we want to be tied to anything too long that we negotiate while the economy's so bad.

My friend if we had a 3 years contract it would expire in 9 months because we're already over 2 years since the amendable date of our existing agreement. A 5 year contract? No problem that one expires 3 years from LAST September.

Gup

Even though I like the way you think GuppyWN, I think the new contract will be for X number of years from "Date of Signing" and not from the last amendable contract date. I may be wrong though....

Even though I like the way you think GuppyWN, I think the new contract will be for X number of years from "Date of Signing" and not from the last amendable contract date. I may be wrong though....

Not quite. The new contract will be from the last amendable date 8/31/06.

That's the reason for retro pay. Any raise in the contract needs to be paid "retroactively" back to 8/31/06. It's to pay for work already completed.

If you let the company get away with "date of signing" there will be no retro and no incentive for the company to ever come to an agreement.

Captain007,

You haven't been at NJA that long. What's the deal? You were talking us up for months.

I am sorry, not for me. For friends of mine on the street.

I do have to admit it scares me a little that there are talks of no hiring next year. I am in the bottom 150 of the senority list, have a family, house, ect.. I do have to keep my options open. I love NetJets and I hope nothing happens to me and I have a long career here.

But the original thread was created for friends of mine who are furloughed.

Last edited:
The company offered a large sum of money for the union to decide how to divide up and under what manner. The options were, increased 401 match, bonus, or pay raise.

Bake kiss my A$$ and tell your friends to read my post here or copy and post it to SWAPA. I could care less. There are plenty of people who will recognize my avatar and tell you who I am. But I don't know you from adam and I am not giving you my name....you are way to tense.

Reebo --

Not actually. Contracts governed by the RLA become amenable on a certain date and remain in force while being renegotiated by the parties. The newly negotiated CBA will become effective on the date of signing. Retro pay is not a given unless specifically called for in the old CBA -- otherwise it is a negotiated item in the new one.

Disclamer: I have no insight into the SWAPA/SWA CBA.

Reebo --

Not actually. Contracts governed by the RLA become amenable on a certain date and remain in force while being renegotiated by the parties. The newly negotiated CBA will become effective on the date of signing. Retro pay is not a given unless specifically called for in the old CBA -- otherwise it is a negotiated item in the new one.

Disclamer: I have no insight into the SWAPA/SWA CBA.

Thanks...that makes sense :cool:

Latest resources

Back