• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines pay in training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of them will be the bottom 1/3 of your list, sick and tired of certain stagnation. And, quit it with the BS. If you don't have the type and are hired, you have to pay to get one. That is pay for training. DL also pays during training, but no type required to start or pay for. Big difference, and you know it pal....

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, it's not! Do you even know the definition of pay for training?!?! Tell me where SWA profits? Not one new hire gave SWA $8000-$10000 for a job. Educate yourself.

No, it's not! Do you even know the definition of pay for training?!?! Tell me where SWA profits? Not one new hire gave SWA $8000-$10000 for a job. Educate yourself.

He doesn't want to.

He likes to play dumb, or will the alternate is that he is dumb.

If the shoe fits..

No, your airline saves on not having to go through a full course from ZERO. They had to do it with the AT 717 guys, but requiring a type for the rest saves money. Does that help with profits? You bet. Are you and Red-liar this dense in real life? It doesn't help your company???? Really? And PFT helped Flight Safety and operations like that back in the 90s, not the "Commuters" back then. It's the same thing, the airlines SAVED money and helped with overall profits. Wake up you two! Admit it, the truth will set you free!

Bye Bye----General Lee

General.

Seriously... Get help. I come on here every few months and the constant "my dad can beat up your dad" childish bull******************** is almost mind numbing. We all know you hate SWA, but get your ******************** straight if you would like to pontificate. Quite a few of the AT transition pilots came over with no type. Guess what, they didn't get typed in training.. Oh, and guess what again.. they took the EXACT same new hire class as the rest of us with types did. So your assumption that we have been approved to train with a "short course" due to the type is not correct.

PFT.. Come on man.. You can't really be this dense. Maybe you are.. PFT is when you PAY AN AIRLINE FOR TRAINING... Also at the end of the training, you don't get jack ******************** added to your ticket... Maybe you are still bitter about paying some commuter 10K for a SIC "checkout"..That's PFT.. You arguing that having a type rating is PFT, is as retarded as claiming that having a commercial pilots license is PFT..

In the meantime, put down that xbox controller.. Go up stairs and help your mom scrub out the meatloaf pan, and put on a clean t-shirt.. You'll feel better changing out that one with the cheezy poof stains on all over it..

General.

Seriously... Get help. I come on here every few months and the constant "my dad can beat up your dad" childish bull******************** is almost mind numbing. We all know you hate SWA, but get your ******************** straight if you would like to pontificate. Quite a few of the AT transition pilots came over with no type. Guess what, they didn't get typed in training.. Oh, and guess what again.. they took the EXACT same new hire class as the rest of us with types did. So your assumption that we have been approved to train with a "short course" due to the type is not correct.

PFT.. Come on man.. You can't really be this dense. Maybe you are.. PFT is when you PAY AN AIRLINE FOR TRAINING... Also at the end of the training, you don't get jack ******************** added to your ticket... Maybe you are still bitter about paying some commuter 10K for a SIC "checkout"..That's PFT.. You arguing that having a type rating is PFT, is as retarded as claiming that having a commercial pilots license is PFT..

In the meantime, put down that xbox controller.. Go up stairs and help your mom scrub out the meatloaf pan, and put on a clean t-shirt.. You'll feel better changing out that one with the cheezy poof stains on all over it..

Really? Having to pay for a type if you don't have one prior to starting is NOT paying for your on training? The legacies don't do that. Maybe you just don't understand, or maybe the airline can't afford it? Wait, they are training AT pilots for free..... Hmmmm. And you can't see that? The other airlines don't do that. And PFT means the airlines DON'T have to pay for their own training. You are mistaken.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, your airline saves on not having to go through a full course from ZERO. They had to do it with the AT 717 guys, but requiring a type for the rest saves money. Does that help with profits? You bet. Are you and Red-liar this dense in real life? It doesn't help your company???? Really? And PFT helped Flight Safety and operations like that back in the 90s, not the "Commuters" back then. It's the same thing, the airlines SAVED money and helped with overall profits. Wake up you two! Admit it, the truth will set you free!

Bye Bye----General Lee

Do you really believe this?

Did Delta put you through a "full course from ZERO" to get a type rating in your aircraft (if you even have one)? It's obvious that you have no idea what's involved.

For someone at Southwest training without a type rating (e.g. a FAT guy), appending the type rating to initial training costs the company about.... nothing. There's no extra week of training, no extra sim rides, nada. Just an additional piece of paper filled out after the end-of-training checkride. It's not about saving the company money, now is it?--since it doesn't actually save the company any money.

Wake up you one! Learn it, and the truth will set you free! (well, maybe not in your case, but you'll be marginally less stupid.)

Bubba

Bubba- then why make it a requirement? Not flaming... Truly curious... If it it's all the same the. Why make Simone pay for their own type rating? To prove they want the job bad enough? I guess I just don't get it... What a waste of time and money... For a type rating...

Latest resources

Back