• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Howard-
Where did you find it

I honestly haven't dug into it since all the new open time and 117 changes

You make a lot of assumptions about an AA career.

Assumptions on all sides

Fatal flaw of pave's post: relativity

He may be wrong or right as we all know it's a hike to retirement- but only caring about what we make RELATIVE to other pilots instead of how we do vs other professionals has held this industry down

That said I'm perfectly happy to see all the legacy carriers leapfrog us-
That's just fine by me bc you see- that helps us not take a paycut or even get a "flattish" contract
Pattern bargaining

Last edited:
Thanks Howard-
Where did you find it

I honestly haven't dug into it since all the new open time and 117 changes
D. FIRST OFFICER PAY Section 4: Compensation Page 4-4
But I didn't cross reference the new open time and 117 changes, so I guess it could have changed. I'll have to check on that part.

Got it
thank you

"2. Prior to one year after the ratification date, first year First Officers will be paid at second year rates for all open time as defined below. First year First Officers flying JA, POT, VPF, and Short Notice Open Time (SNOT) will be paid at first year First Officer rates plus the premium.
3. Beginning one year after the ratification date, first year First Officers that fly open time that exceeds their original line total for the month will be paid at second year rates for all open time, plus any applicable premium associated with the open time."

I was thinking about the first paragraph

Yes, you have to pay for training. Wait, what was the question?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Really dude?? That was so last contract. Guessing ya ain't junior are ya? :confused:

What's your point? If he's "not junior," then first and second pay rates are even higher now, and you can still get second year pay in your first year by picking up extra from the company. A new guy ought to be able to make even more now than Wave did his first year, by picking up extra.

Bubba

Yes, you have to pay for training. Wait, what was the question?

Bye Bye---General Lee

I get the point you're trying to make, and I realize arguing with someone that's posted on a forum 20K times is pointless, but SWA does NOT require PFT. In fact, they pay you over $1200 a week while in training.

What they require is a type rating. A rating which many people get through military, scholarships, and previous employers. This rating is YOURS, and has helped many get jobs flying BBJs and overseas airlines.

PFT was used in the mid-late 90's by regionals who required $10-12K to be trained with nothing to show but an FO slot on a turboprop.

Every SWA pilot I know, except for one, has a college degree, and he has a 2-year. We'll see how picky mighty DAL is about degrees when they need 80 newhires every month.

Latest resources

Back