Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airline pilot arrested! Drunk in cockpit!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blowing less than .04 doesn't mean that you're legal. They can still (try to) prove that you were intoxicated or that you had drank within 8 hours of flying. A test over .04 just makes it easier for them to prove guilt.

PacoPollo said:
Kudos for TSA. I dont blame them, They are doing their jobs.

No they were not. This is outside the scope of their job description.

Job Description: Transportation Security Screener duties include providing frontline security and protection of travelers, airports and airplanes by identifying dangerous objects in baggage and on passengers. They also are responsible for preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft by utilizing diverse, cutting edge electronic detection and imaging equipment in a courteous and professional manner. Since airports are open 24-hours a day, the job may require working:
  • Irregular hours and/or shifts
  • Holidays and weekends
  • Overtime and extended hours

Mr Wu said:
No they were not. This is outside the scope of their job description.

Job Description: Transportation Security Screener duties include providing frontline security and protection of travelers.....

They protected hundreds of innocent pax. by removing a cockpit crewmember under the influence of alcohol. You should see security at airports in my country. Im safe with TSA! That poor sob wont even get a job in Honduras with his record....

NW_Pilot said:
Q: Say your on a over night your captain and you decide to go out to dinner and your captain shows up in a dress? What would you do?

I would say, well, I presume the captain in this case is a woman, so nothing needs to be said:beer:

PacoPollo said:
They protected hundreds of innocent pax. by removing a cockpit crewmember under the influence of alcohol. You should see security at airports in my country. Im safe with TSA! That poor sob wont even get a job in Honduras with his record....

If you are going to crop the quote, the proper way to do it is

Job Description: Transportation Security Screener duties include providing frontline security and protection of travelers..... by identifying dangerous objects in baggage and on passengers.

sky37d said:
I would say, well, I presume the captain in this case is a woman, so nothing needs to be said:beer:

C"mon.... Have you EVER actually seen a woman airline captain wear a dress?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back