Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey there,

I know Southern pilots aren't in CASS (yet), but do you have jumpseat agreements with anyone (meaning- must be in the cabin)?

thanks.

I also wanted to say that we, like Southern, are flying our asses off. Two more 400s (The last ones built I have been told) are coming soon. They are true freighters and have the small attic. One of them supposedly has about 30 hours on it. We also bought another classic from what I hear. All I do are DHL flights any more. Our DHL flying has increased quite a bit. The Classics are also going like gang busters. They do most of the adhoc stuff. Our 400s spend more time in the air than on the ground. They rarely sit for more than 3-4 hours between flights. Times are good so far. It doesn't appear that the world economy has put a damper on the freight business. I hope it stays that way.

wow, not sure if you know this, this is a Southern tread, go blow your horn under your own tread......

wow, not sure if you know this, this is a Southern tread, go blow your horn under your own tread......

well good then maybe you'll tell all them guys at Southern to get off their arse and get a freaking union contract and some real wages going there soon before you drive CK and 5Y out of business with your lower operating costs..

well good then maybe you'll tell all them guys at Southern to get off their arse and get a freaking union contract and some real wages going there soon before you drive CK and 5Y out of business with your lower operating costs..

Maybe that's the "evil" plan!

Says the former SkyBus pilot.......

Says the former SkyBus pilot.......

We had profit sharing, good work rules and an IBT 87% vote. Not bad for 1 year operating. How long has Southern been running again?

Moreover SX was not in direct competition with anyone as all of our routes were new and unique. Out market segment was people who would otherwise not fly. Southern however is in direct competition with Kalitta, Atlas, World and Evergreen.

Last edited:
We had profit sharing, good work rules and an IBT 87% vote. Not bad for 1 year operating. How long has Southern been running again?

Moreover SX was not in direct competition with anyone as all of our routes were new and unique. Out market segment was people who would otherwise not fly. Southern however is in direct competition with Kalitta, Atlas, World and Evergreen.
Is Southern not represented by IBT now and in contract negociations? Do not get your irritation with the Southern pilot group...

Latest resources

Back