• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air Interview Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As an FAA pilot I may not fly for revenue a G, C, D or anything other than an N registered aircraft.

When Sun Country leased Transavia 737s, they remained on the PH- register, but where flown by Sun Country pilots. What those pilots could not do was fly those airplanes in the Netherlands which wasn't an issue.

Back in the day, TWA had quite a few MD-80's leased from GPA that were registered in Ireland (EI-). As long as the airplane is on your ops specs and you are operating it in accordance with your certificate (121) you are free to use any airplane that you wish- as long as it has a type cert. from the FAA.

Just for the sake of argument, at Atlas, we had LX-DCV on our certificate for years, and we are a US Flag Carrier. I flew it many times. I don't think the FAA cares as long as you maintain it according to US FAA rules and it's on your cert.

so they are liscensed to flight that tail? As a Canadian I have to have my TC liscenses and endorsments, yes it is only a 25 question test to "validate" and a medical and RT, but none the less I have to have the liscenses. It is the same in the UAE, UK, China, and Japan.

Latest resources

Back