Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air Interview Gouge

I don't know what going on at Southern, but Michael, at the St. Michaels hotel in Morbach is not getting paid by Southern. Also heard that fuel vendors are requiring cash on delivery with Southern flights.

Ah, good old Michael... how's he doing? Still hung over every morning?

Ah, good old Michael... how's he doing? Still hung over every morning?

For the most part, and now the Atlas F/A's are spicing things up. The story goes that the first group of F/A's showed up with a couple "boys" and they asked Michael where the Morbach gay bar was. After a moment of thought, Michael said, " I guess it's here".

If you don't know, Morbach is a quiet German village. Gay bar? I don't think so.

For the most part, and now the Atlas F/A's are spicing things up. The story goes that the first group of F/A's showed up with a couple "boys" and they asked Michael where the Morbach gay bar was. After a moment of thought, Michael said, " I guess it's here".

If you don't know, Morbach is a quiet German village. Gay bar? I don't think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI

Sorry, I should have written that as "For those that don't know....". I was writing that for the lurkers. I assumed YOU knew the area, since you knew Michael.

no worries... Michael, Millie, George, et al... I knew all of em.... good times.

interesting read but back to the regularly scheduled programming. is the interview still 2 days long and basically just a matter of not crashing the sim? still no cass? can i live outside the lower 48?

interesting read but back to the regularly scheduled programming. is the interview still 2 days long and basically just a matter of not crashing the sim? still no cass? can i live outside the lower 48?

Cass- NO never going to happen

U can't live out side the 48 states

I can't answer the rest of the questions

Cass- NO never going to happen

U can't live out side the 48 states

I can't answer the rest of the questions

To clarify Sword's answers,

CASS- paperwork is complete, company needs to pull the trigger. Everybody from the DO on down wants it implemented. However, David Soaper, our new COO, is going to try to use it as a bargaining chip during negotiations. It's just a matter of time before we get it implemented.

Living outside the Lower 48- There is no official company policy on this. There is nothing in our contract prohibiting this. In fact, our contract specifically states that if a pilot chooses to live outside the Lower 48, the company may assign him a domestic base. "May" being the operative word here.

There was an unofficial policy kinda-sorta in place, but that was implemented out of spite by a guy who's no longer holding the position he had. The fact remains that we DO have pilots living outside of the Lower 48. Hawaii, Alaska, Japan, The Philippines, Korea. One of the pilots until recently was living in Ethiopia. I think he's now residing in the DR.

Bottom line; I would not hold my breath for overnight changes, but the changes will come. Unless Dan McHugh, our CEO, is interested in keeping this a "training airline", these changes will have to be implemented to keep Southern competitive.

Sorry, I don't have the answers to your interview questions. Best of luck!

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom