• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air Interview Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aerologic, Korean, China Southern, China Cargo, Etihad, Emirates, Lan, Qatar, TNT and FEDEX. Only FEDEX and Southern are the only N registered airline. So unless they lease it from OH aircraft acquisition, someone is going to re-register the airframe? Would this still not be ACMI?

It matters not where the ship is registerd, its who is directly paying for it that determines the applicability of the "A" or no "A"....that is the question. Think of it this way, if a CMI contract is terminated you take your crews and mechanics and bugger off.....if an ACMI contract is terminated you take the aircraft too!

As an FAA pilot I may not fly for revenue a G, C, D or anything other than an N registered aircraft.

Correct. So the two solutions are: the customer has the airplanes registered with an "N" number, or the pilots get the host country's FAA ATP equivalent. In many places, that's just a paperwork issue.

National, if I'm not mistaken, is doing exactly that with their 400's. Their pilots (FAA) are flying Air Atlanta (Iceland-registered) aircraft.

Nothing official came out of Norwalk yet, so it's unknown at this time which route we're going to take...

their 400's are TF registered and Iceland pilots are flying the aircraft. They are wet leased. National is looking for another company to lease these airframes. A US airline is their desire.

their 400's are TF registered and Iceland pilots are flying the aircraft. They are wet leased. National is looking for another company to lease these airframes. A US airline is their desire.

Where are you getting this information from? That is not the arrangement at all according to the guys I know flying them.

Latest resources

Back