• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air Interview Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what going on at Southern, but Michael, at the St. Michaels hotel in Morbach is not getting paid by Southern. Also heard that fuel vendors are requiring cash on delivery with Southern flights.

I don't know what going on at Southern, but Michael, at the St. Michaels hotel in Morbach is not getting paid by Southern. Also heard that fuel vendors are requiring cash on delivery with Southern flights.

That would be a lot of cash.

I'm calling BS on the Cash-4-Fuel part. Haven't spoken with a single crewmember who had to pay for fuel with cash.

Or with a company credit card, for that matter.

As for the St. Michaels hotel, Morbach is not a frequent stop for Southern Air; more than likely a few older bills that slipped through the cracks. But SAI is definitely paying their hotel tabs...

I was just at the St. Michaels and i paid for the room with the company cc, but nice try!

I was just at the St. Michaels and i paid for the room with the company cc, but nice try!

Just proves Michael TRUSTs the credit card company. Have you guys always paid with credit cards, or was there a time you did direct bill?

Nice try? What do you think I'm TRYING to do?

I'm not trying anything. I'm sitting at Michaels talking to a Wickes Maintenance guy and he mentions that Southern had to make SPECIAL arrangements to get fuel at HHN due to nonpayment. Michael walks up and says he is due $10K from Southern, late, by more than a year.

I don't stay at HHN often, but in the short stays there, twice earlier this year, Michael had to bail out Southern travel dept when they forgot to schedule a guy a ride to FRA. He drove the guys to FRA on his time. That kinda thing won't be happening anymore.

Just proves Michael TRUSTs the credit card company. Have you guys always paid with credit cards, or was there a time you did direct bill?

Nice try? What do you think I'm TRYING to do?

I'm not trying anything. I'm sitting at Michaels talking to a Wickes Maintenance guy and he mentions that Southern had to make SPECIAL arrangements to get fuel at HHN due to nonpayment. Michael walks up and says he is due $10K from Southern, late, by more than a year.

I don't stay at HHN often, but in the short stays there, twice earlier this year, Michael had to bail out Southern travel dept when they forgot to schedule a guy a ride to FRA. He drove the guys to FRA on his time. That kinda thing won't be happening anymore.

Yeah but relaying a private conversation to this public forum may be harmful to Michael and his business relationship with Southern. I doubt he would appreciate being quoted in such a way and I would also guess that the folks at Southern dont` appreciate it either.

For what it's worth, Southern just moved 8 Captains and 24 FO's over to the 777 quite suddenly; looks like some new business opportunities are opening up. CMI operations for various other airlines, some of which have recently been mentioned in various aviation news outlets. Nothing official yet, but the 777 bid/award happened in record time.

Also, have it on good authority (non-management) that our first -400 is in a D Check as I type this. 2nd one following closely behind. 777's #3 and 4 are at this point 6-8 months out...

Things are still screwed up at headquarters, but nowhere near as screwed up as a year or two ago... things seem to be getting better, slowly, glacially, but surely.

For what it's worth, Southern just moved 8 Captains and 24 FO's over to the 777 quite suddenly; looks like some new business opportunities are opening up. CMI operations for various other airlines, some of which have recently been mentioned in various aviation news outlets. Nothing official yet, but the 777 bid/award happened in record time.

Also, have it on good authority (non-management) that our first -400 is in a D Check as I type this. 2nd one following closely behind. 777's #3 and 4 are at this point 6-8 months out...

Things are still screwed up at headquarters, but nowhere near as screwed up as a year or two ago... things seem to be getting better, slowly, glacially, but surely.

how the Kool-Aid? we also parked 3 Classics. Was it Cherry, i love Cherry

Latest resources

Back