• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something brewing at Luv?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Motely fool list DAL as one of five companies to be bankrupt within 2 yrs. Enjoy Gen. Oberdork

as for same career expectaions...not really....they haved 100+ on furlogh right? their hourly rate is a bit off from ours....how is that the same career expectaion?

The incumbent pilots have a pension with a higher 401k contribution from the company. The new hire pilots (whenever that happens) will get 13.5%. That is worth something in-terms of career expectations.

Your funny. You got beat up a lot in high school didn't you?

Hardly, I was the tallest. I still look like Learch---6' 4", about a buck twenty in weight. I am awesome. Enjoy AMA and HRL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Motely fool list DAL as one of five companies to be bankrupt within 2 yrs. Enjoy Gen. Oberdork

You sound like the fool. 2 years? Maybe within that time DL will get "too big to fail...." And, plenty of other majors are in worse shape. So, that means you guys will be the last ones standing, right? Riiiiight.

Are you missing INTL flying, yet? 5 legs a day got you down? I bet you are tiring of it, and fast. Hey, at least you have the memories. Enjoy those 25 min turns through ELP.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Came over on NAT Tango last night. Got tired of listening to DAL guys blabbering on 123.45 by 40W. Between IRS/GPS and SATCOM position reporting anyone with a 8-10 hour butt can fly the N Atlantic now. Even so I believe general and his band lead in track busts every year. The art and skill of international ops is a thing of the past in most parts of the world nowadays.

That said, I don't see SWA buying ALK. Great Company but ALK doesn't seem to fit their mold.

Hey I go through ELP this week, as well as DAL, HOU, ABQ, PHX, LAS, ONT, BNA, LAX, MDW, MCI, DEN, I will be sure to go by the Delta Gates when I get a chance for you General and take a picture of all the empty seats in the terminal. Oops did I just say that? Sorry but that it my opinion is light hearted teasing like you give to us. Enjoy your time overseas, I wish I could break bread in Europe every once and a while and enjoy the history and architecture as well.

As a prior NWA guy I agree about the constant blabbering on 123.45. Maybe I am biased but it seems we(NWA) are one of the few who constantly blabber. Do we need constant updates and requests about the ride? I understand if there is weather or mod. turb. or greater. But the constant chatter by not only DAL, but UAL and Lcc never ends. And if you fly the Pacific good god. Ual needs their own frequency so they can constantly give updates or exchange phone numbers so they can get together on the layover.

Came over on NAT Tango last night. Got tired of listening to DAL guys blabbering on 123.45 by 40W. Between IRS/GPS and SATCOM position reporting anyone with a 8-10 hour butt can fly the N Atlantic now. Even so I believe general and his band lead in track busts every year. The art and skill of international ops is a thing of the past in most parts of the world nowadays.

That said, I don't see SWA buying ALK. Great Company but ALK doesn't seem to fit their mold.

I'll tell you what's brewing at LUV....it's called a profit. In spite of HUGE hedging losses; not charging for bags; and a terrirble environment.

Latest resources

Back