Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some UAL/CAL News (For Those Interested)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi,

Can someone please post the reserve rules for UCAL. Min days off? long/short call? And what the "Guam Package" is? Thanks in advance

Reserve rules will be different for UAL vs CAL as for Guam that will fall on the CAL side. When I was on reserve at LUAL I believe 12 days off a month and domestically reserve days were not moveable, everyone was on long call of 13 hrs but you could be moved up I think 7 times in a month.

Chairman

I was just about to ask if anyone knows whether ual furloughs can expect longevity for time out when returning.
I'm very close to the bottom of the furlough list, ergo the entire seniority list.
Working at a delta connection carrier now at approx. 37 bucks an hour.
If I take a lcal position in november or december, I will go back at 33 bucks an hour.
No way am i coming back for a pay cut! Hard enough to be sitting right seat in a crj at low wages, after paying dues to alpa national for 10 years at mesaba.
So, no return for me until the new contract is ratified and implemented,
and hoping we get longevity. It is only right......

Anyone here know whether this was included in the agreement in principle?
if not why not?

Thanks

How many months would it take to get to second year pay? The jump to over $60 per hour (whatever the 737 blended rate is) more than makes up staying at $37. Plus, if and when the new contract gets implemented you will be able to take advantage right away.

I've accepted a class date in November. I figure the new contract will be ratified by the time I finish training and new pay and work rules will be in effect. a gamble, i know.
good luck to all, hope God blesses us and our industry

I've accepted a class date in November. I figure the new contract will be ratified by the time I finish training and new pay and work rules will be in effect. a gamble, i know.

Think of it as a calculated risk! Good luck.

I think you've called it right.

How many months would it take to get to second year pay? The jump to over $60 per hour (whatever the 737 blended rate is) more than makes up staying at $37. Plus, if and when the new contract gets implemented you will be able to take advantage right away.

IF you were on first year pay when furloughed at UAL you will have to do 12 months of first year pay at CAL. Some furloughed pilots were on property well over a year and still on first year pay as it is a year from your checkride you went to second year pay.

Chairman

IF you were on first year pay when furloughed at UAL you will have to do 12 months of first year pay at CAL. Some furloughed pilots were on property well over a year and still on first year pay as it is a year from your checkride you went to second year pay.

Chairman

Yeah but with his calculation (and mine) more than likely his first year pay will be higher with the exception of his two months in training...

.........Where it come to who eats whom, you need a refreshed look at CAL's (fit for entry in the Guinness Book) SCAB list. Isn't still the largest ever? Then look no further than the SLI of pilots among the airlines that constitute CAL's current seniority list. The mess with Texas Air, then Frontier and Peoples Express, New York Air and Express Jet, or do you have no clue of all this???

Son if you're read this far, hat's off to you...

Kinda makes you wonder after the "screw" job in DEN why the CAL pilots might be a little perturbed and tired of hearing this same 'ole tripe. Your hands are just as dirty as ours. Ask the Frontier pilots. Unless you have NO scabs, your seniority list is just as tainted as ours is. One rotten apple in the sauce ruins it just as much as 100. Unless you've gotten used to the taste. If you'd like to up the ante, how many years did FL run your airline? Glass house man...........

Latest resources

Back