• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some things never change......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frankly, it's counterproductive to the vast majority of us to allow the ADHD public and legislators to latch on to commuting as a safety threat.

The greater danger to airline safety from a fatigue standpoint is the schedules that have become the norm in the regional industry.

Commuting has safely happened for years; it is not the threat.

Frankly, it's counterproductive to the vast majority of us to allow the ADHD public and legislators to latch on to commuting as a safety threat.

The greater danger to airline safety from a fatigue standpoint is the schedules that have become the norm in the regional industry.

Commuting has safely happened for years; it is not the threat.

Pull your head from the sand............You just don't want to take any responsibility.

Without commuters how do airlines expect to properly staff a base? There is no way some FO's could afford to live in certain cities. I know it's not going to happen but pay rates need to be addressed just as badly as rest rules.

Pull your head from the sand........................Management just doesn't want to take any responsibility for the schedules they create.

Bingo.... They don't want to create any base stability either. You either commute, live in a crap hole, or chase the company from base to base.

Personal responsibility? Isn't that what this generation defines as keeping the Iphone lit and the hair at peak spikiness?

What's that gramps? Go find your dentures, you are hard to understand without them.

That said, personal responsibility and corporate responsibility are not mutually exclusive. But, why should it fall to my personal responsibility to deal with my companies irresponsible scheduling practices?

ASA just put out a bulletin today, ironically stating "no extended sleeping in the sleep room". They did not specify a time limit. I suppose the next step is a robot that nudges you awake after an acceptable sleep time has been exceeded. I just hope the robot wears lipstick and a short skirt...

ASA just put out a bulletin today, ironically stating "no extended sleeping in the sleep room". They did not specify a time limit. I suppose the next step is a robot that nudges you awake after an acceptable sleep time has been exceeded. I just hope the robot wears lipstick and a short skirt...

Hilarious. Good stuff. They'll probably send the chief pilots' secretary to wake you up. Wearing lipstick and a short skirt.

I don't know, but it felt like that memo was an attempt to have something on paper should it be necessary in the future to show that the company did all that it could to 'encourage' crews to get adequate rest. All that they could, except, more realistic scheduling and rest parameters when they build the schedules.

Latest resources

Back