Some things never change......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ruhroa

:( a report in the Buffalo News noted that the pilot of Flight 3407 had slept the previous night in the airline's crew room and suggested that backward progress had since been made. According to the article, Colgan has "come up with a way of making it more difficult for pilots to do that. It's ordered the lights to be kept on in its crew rooms."

That my friends is the attitude that gets people killed and i hate to say it...... It is not going to change till the pilots themselves get it changed......

I am so very, very lucky that I don't have to live in your world.
a world where a child's dream can be so powerful that you would put up with this chit and risk not only your own lives but all the lives of the passengers you fly because you allow management of these whale chit outfits to have practices that force well trained intelligent people to live like they have entry level blue collar jobs....
I am not even going to waste my breath on managements role in this.....
It is just a sad, sad day when your dreams become a nightmare..........

:( a report in the Buffalo News noted that the pilot of Flight 3407 had slept the previous night in the airline's crew room and suggested that backward progress had since been made. According to the article, Colgan has "come up with a way of making it more difficult for pilots to do that. It's ordered the lights to be kept on in its crew rooms."

That my friends is the attitude that gets people killed and i hate to say it...... It is not going to change till the pilots themselves get it changed......

I am so very, very lucky that I don't have to live in your world.
a world where a child's dream can be so powerful that you would put up with this chit and risk not only your own lives but all the lives of the passengers you fly because you allow management of these whale chit outfits to have practices that force well trained intelligent people to live like they have entry level blue collar jobs....
I am not even going to waste my breath on managements role in this.....
It is just a sad, sad day when your dreams become a nightmare..........

Don't worry, Alpa will fix it. They care.

Don't worry, Alpa will fix it. They care.

For all it's faults, I'll bet ALPA has done more to fix this situation than you have.

Did you read the guy's signature line? You are clearly not 'The Man who Counts'.

For all it's faults, I'll bet ALPA has done more to fix this situation than you have.

Did you read the guy's signature line? You are clearly not 'The Man who Counts'.

Oooh..good job! Comparing one guy and an entire organization tasked with the IMPROVEMENT of our jobs is astute work!

Let me know what you think has improved over the last 10 years.
Pay? QOL? Pensions? Hiring? Regs? Respect?

I didn't think so. Try again.

Oooh..good job! Comparing one guy and an entire organization tasked with the IMPROVEMENT of our jobs is astute work!

Let me know what you think has improved over the last 10 years.
Pay? QOL? Pensions? Hiring? Regs? Respect?

I didn't think so. Try again.

Okay,

FWIW, I hear you complaining about ALPA...but I've never heard ALPA complaining about you. Just sayin'...

I'm not the ALPA apologist. I call it like I see it, and ALPA, like any organization made up of human beings, makes mistakes. All that aside, would your personal situation be better if there were no ALPA? I'd guess that for the vast majority of those who are represented by ALPA, the answer would be a resounding 'no'.

In this case, however, I'm calling you out for being the "B side" of a broken anti-ALPA record. Learn a new tune, would ya?

simple fix...break the f&%ing bulbs....after a couple grand in lightbulbs, they`ll get the hint....just my opinion....

Pilots should not be sleeping in the crew room. It makes it nearly impossible for other crew members to get anything done. ALPA should push for sleeping rooms instead. The only problem there is that crew members will call in fatigued if they don't get quality rest in the sleep rooms and it puts the airline in the hotel business.

The solution has to be a balance of scheduling flexibility, sleep rooms for commuter bases and personal responsibility. I haven't heard any solutions offered yet....

Alpa should force the airlines into building compounds for crews with bunk beds. Kind like boot camp. It's gone suck but it'll do.

Latest resources

Back