• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some passengers fail to realize they are not flying mainline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always tell my pax that they are flying on ASA. I never mention Delta in my PA's. I mean it would be too confusing now that we connect for United and Continental too. Way to take back the regional flying, Genital! Oh, and enjoy those overnights ALL OVER THE WORLD like Mexico City, Bogota, the Middle East and any other places where you need armed security to get to your hotel.

And do something nice for us regional pilots like playing kickball on I75/I85.

I only mention Delta when we're waiting for Delta rampers to park us, or Delta gate agents to pull the jetway up, or Delta baggage handlers to bring the late bags.

General, I actually see the validity of your post. That's why I'm increadibly thankful we are locked into Delta with the long serving contract we have. Thankfully, we won't have to worry about getting shed for quite some time. Lucky for you, Delta will continue to get many, many, many years of feed from our outstanding, safe, reliable, and friendly company.

Oh, and in regard to the WWGLD section suggestion.......Which would you say is more important? I have the oportunity to marry a wealthy woman, or apply to Delta. Which would you suggest? The work schedule I currently have at ASA is pretty good and conductive to a healthy and loving marriage with a commute. What do you suggest I do here????

Oh, and I took your advise. I've started a string of good deeds to help out my fellow man. Recently, I carried a midget up a flight of stairs............

Thank you very much General for your contributions to my regional lifestyle. Your career guidance is GREATLY appreciated by myself, and so many others here. You are simply FANTASTIC, and we appreciate ALL that you do for us! ; )

I guess Colgan rushing into a merger and trying to dump the Colgan name had NOTHING to do with the crash........or any future litigation? And if Mainline does pay for an Umbrella policy for the Regionals (????), higher premiums wouldn't make the Mainline carriers think twice? Riiight?

Changing the name has everything to do with the accident, but had nothing to do with future litigation. Do you think that lawyers can't figure out a company changed it's name?

"Hey, look up Colgan's number in the phone book..."

"It's not here!?"

"Darn, I guess we can't sue them."

Mainline already pays every regional bill, including insurance premiums, since they are the only source of regional revenue. Forcing mainline to pick up the bill directly would only change the accounting. Any liabilities would be the same.

A more effective strategy would be to stop allowing regionals to pretend being a company they are not. If your company name is Colgan, "Colgan" should be painted on the side of the airplane, on the gate you board at, on the ticket you purchase, and on the website you bought the ticket from.

I brought this up because I think it could be an issue in the future, not to make you guys all nervous, which is what has happened. It is obvious you are scared, and that is sad. BUT, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME REGARDLESS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, BUDS.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What about my post indicates that I am scared? I think your analysis is wrong, that doesn't make me scared.

For those here that keep reporting posts THAT ARE NOT VIOLATIONS OF THE FI TOS..

STOP IT NOW...
STOP WASTING OUR TIME
STOP YOUR WHINNING..
GROW THICKER SKIN OR DONT LOOK AT THE THREAD..
BETTER YET.. TURN ON YOUR BLOCKER SO YOU DONT SEE A MEMBERERS POST..

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE....

Why don't you quit pandering to Gen Lee! It is obvious he is the root cause of problems due to his elitist attitude and continuous put downs and strikes at Regional pilots, sometimes with vicious attacks - yet you allow it and strike back at those that defend themselves and their profession against his obvious attacks, which are unrelenting! His posts do nothing here BUT CAUSE ANIMOSITY!!! He is derisive and hate filled. He trolls THE REGIONAL board to do NOTHING BUT ANTAGONIZE others, that he falsely feels superior to! And you allow that, but threaten the others that stand up to his constant B.S!!!!

Great job, sir! And BTW, I know you do this because you secretly share his views. My days on this hate filled board are short, so ban me if you want!

...And don't forget my boobies!!!!

ps: I once got suspended for saying "STFU" in the context of quoting something else and not specifically directing it at another person while I still to this day see the same things going on without any action. Last night I saw "YHGTBFSM" and probably no action was taken against that nor should there be. EQUAL protection under the TOS. Period.

Besides, I have noticed lately that the activity on this forum seems to have dropped off significantly. I guess people are getting tired of it.

How about putting a stop to GLs obvious snarky, glib comments like " hey buds....you guys are great! Really, I love you guys! I mea, how freaking childish is this guy? 8th graders act like this! This is a grown man, airline pilot???? YGBFSM!!!!! And regional pilots are the problem? I literally fear for Delta that this person works for them! And all this oh, GL is just entertaining blah blah blah......give me a break! He is not simply trying to entertain us! He is soley trying to cause division and foster hate! He is no different than those that bash gays or bully kids. NO DIFFERENT. It is for that reason that I choose not to participate in this web site any longer.

To qoute my buddy, my great friend, a super guy ---- no really! He is great......

Bye bye!

Two points about General Lee's stand.

First point. I can understand his anger towards regional’s based simply on the fact that we are competing with the flying Delta awards. I really can understand where he comes from and I can also respectfully disagree. He has a valid argument. I have a valid argument so we can debate.

Second point. The fact that I am less of a pilot because I work at a regional carries no water and is an argument that uses fear to prove a non-valid point. Their is only a small sliver of truth in this sort of argument and that is the experience argument. I will concede the fact that most main line guys do have more experience than a regional guy which is no fault of the regional’s. As for a "safer" or "better qualified" or even "held to a higher safety standard" argument are gross slants of the truth which makes it an invalid debate.

General Lee, I understand and respect your opinion that the company I work for (not me personally) has been flying routes and will be flying routes that your company has contracted to us. I understand you want that flying back. Obviously I don't want my company to give it back simply because I would be out of work and on the streets. I have been around the regional’s for 13 years and probably retire here unless Fed Ex calls. This is all just my opinion.

I understand his position too.

That's not the issue.

It's purposefully posting inflammatory, antagonistic, bitter, sarcastic, rude, nasty, jerk comments OVER AND OVER again for years that is the issue.

I understand his position too.

That's not the issue.

It's purposefully posting inflammatory, antagonistic, bitter, sarcastic, rude, nasty, jerk comments OVER AND OVER again for years that is the issue.

Who cares? He's a short, dweeby, star wars geek who plays on the internet too much. Dunno why so many of you get your panties in an uproar with that chode.

Latest resources

Back