• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some NetJets Pilots getting unsolicited job info from Flex/FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is an obvious difference. A contract with a billionaire owner may be just a tad different than any other company agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on what kind of aircraft commander you are. Are you a Co-Captain? Then you may be the deficient one. Be careful with that.

There is is no grey area here. There is one person in command of that aircraft. The Captain. Don’t ever forget that.

That's the dumbest response I've seen yet. I don't think your widow (or your owners family) gives a rats ass about seats. If bad CRM due to either a deficient pilot (in any seat) or a PIC who thinks he's immune to falling victim to another's deficiency results in an accident, well dead is dead.

You're acting like a fool when you double down on arrogance.

There is a reason these aircraft are typed for 2 pilots.

Darn

160g to fly a beautiful Global all over the world for 7 or 8 days in a row? Damn I’m game for that.... wait a second.....a possibility of no union means the pilots will have no contract requiring the company to get me home on my last day (I will be out for weeks at a time).

NO THANKS ...... I will take that Wall Mart greeter job instead and stay home with my family each night.

:D

That's the dumbest response I've seen yet. I don't think your widow (or your owners family) gives a rats ass about seats. If bad CRM due to either a deficient pilot (in any seat) or a PIC who thinks he's immune to falling victim to another's deficiency results in an accident, well dead is dead.

You're acting like a fool when you double down on arrogance.

There is a reason these aircraft are typed for 2 pilots.

you might want to review the legal definition of pilot in command.

Darn

160g to fly a beautiful Global all over the world for 7 or 8 days in a row? Damn I’m game for that.... wait a second.....a possibility of no union means the pilots will have no contract requiring the company to get me home on my last day (I will be out for weeks at a time).

NO THANKS ...... I will take that Wall Mart greeter job instead and stay home with my family each night.

:D
FWIW, You don't always get home after 8 days, and the Red Herring program doesn't pay overtime. No thanks. I'll stick with a contract that is fair and not filled with gimmicks.

you might want to review the legal definition of pilot in command.

There you go tripling down on your arrogance with an even dumber response.

Reality does not care about your dictionary. The fact is even little g god pilots like yourself are still human and mortal.

Life has a way of humbling people like you squawk. It's so much easier to just do it yourself first.

There you go tripling down on your arrogance with an even dumber response.

Reality does not care about your dictionary. The fact is even little g god pilots like yourself are still human and mortal.

Life has a way of humbling people like you squawk. It's so much easier to just do it yourself first.

Ad hominem is the lowest form of argument.

I was simply responding to a discussion about low time pilots. A good PIC is the stopgap for the safe operation of an aircraft. Try taking your philosophy of downgrading the significance of PIC to the FAA and see how that goes.

You will find it very clear by definition. The authority of a PIC falls under the same rules as a ship’s Captain under maritime law. It is also quite clear in our FOM.

If if you are a Captain and don’t take that seriously then you should not be in the left seat.

Ad hominem is the lowest form of argument.

I was simply responding to a discussion about low time pilots. A good PIC is the stopgap for the safe operation of an aircraft. Try taking your philosophy of downgrading the significance of PIC to the FAA and see how that goes.

You will find it very clear by definition. The authority of a PIC falls under the same rules as a ship’s Captain under maritime law. It is also quite clear in our FOM.

If if you are a Captain and don’t take that seriously then you should not be in the left seat.

The other side of that is you are not perfect. A good PIC will still miss things. That is why you need a good SIC to complete your crew. The argument you put forth presupposes the PIC will always catch every accident chain. Reality shows that is not the case. Both crew members catch each other's mistakes. And that is where your argument fails. You will not succeed with your single pilot mentality indefinitely. And an attitude of PIC as omnipotent does not make for good CRM. Maybe that is not what you mean to project, but your postings come off that way.

The other side of that is you are not perfect. A good PIC will still miss things. That is why you need a good SIC to complete your crew. The argument you put forth presupposes the PIC will always catch every accident chain. Reality shows that is not the case. Both crew members catch each other's mistakes. And that is where your argument fails. You will not succeed with your single pilot mentality indefinitely. And an attitude of PIC as omnipotent does not make for good CRM. Maybe that is not what you mean to project, but your postings come off that way.

You are correct, and that is why these aircraft are certified for two crewmembers. We have a lot of very good SICs at FJ and they do contribute to safety everyday.
That is also clear in the regs and FOM.
We were talking about low time newhires. Until they get up to speed, a strong PIC is crucial.

There is an obvious difference. A contract with a billionaire owner may be just a tad different than any other company agreement.

Billionaires don't tend to fly fractional, they can afford not to share. The ones who do, fly with NetJets. Why do you think that is? Trust, maybe?

Last edited:
Billionaires don't tend to fly fractional, they can afford not to share. The ones who do, fly with NetJets. Why do you think that is? Trust, maybe?
Do you ever run a search to see how these people get to fly this way? We have many billionaires.

Latest resources

Back