Some NetJets Pilots getting unsolicited job info from Flex/FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AirBear8

Was reading the NJASAP pilot message board today and saw 3 NetJets Pilots post that they received unsolicited cards encouraging them to apply at Flex/FO. This is just 3 who happened across a particular message on the board which probably only half the pilots even log onto on a regular basis. So I'm sure more than 3 got the cards. What's funny is in 2 of the 3 cases their last names were totally incorrect :erm:

I'm sure Flex got the names off some FAA database but it's pretty telling that they're having to resort to basic "Cold Calling". And whoever's doing it can't even keep the names straight.

If they're having to resort to this now, what's it going to be like if the Union is decertified?

yeah. I got one too.

I just bought a house. No idea how the hell they got my new adress

A buddy of mine got this card. I thought it was a joke. Said he called to inquire and they offered him direct entry Captain positions in to big metal with signing bonuses.

So if we decertify that could actually happen.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

If they decert the only pilots they'll get will be ones like in the NTSB reports from the Hawker 700 crash @CAK and the LearJet@TEB. For those who haven't read those reports both sets of pilots had very poor employment and training records. The TEB pilots both had arrest records, the PIC for Assault with a Deadly Weapon that he never disclosed on his medical and the SIC for illegal drag racing and assaulting a Police Officer. He had disclosed that on his initial medical but not on all the ones afterwards.

I don't have a "dog" in the decert fight as I'm 61 and on indefinite medical LOA, unlikely to return to aviation. But I'm genuinely curious to hear from a Pro-Decert Pilot about Pilot recruiting after a Decert. If they're reduced to "cold calling" now how will they recruit quality 1500+ hour pilots?

If they decert the only pilots they'll get will be ones like in the NTSB reports from the Hawker 700 crash @CAK and the LearJet@TEB. For those who haven't read those reports both sets of pilots had very poor employment and training records. The TEB pilots both had arrest records, the PIC for Assault with a Deadly Weapon that he never disclosed on his medical and the SIC for illegal drag racing and assaulting a Police Officer. He had disclosed that on his initial medical but not on all the ones afterwards.

I don't have a "dog" in the decert fight as I'm 61 and on indefinite medical LOA, unlikely to return to aviation. But I'm genuinely curious to hear from a Pro-Decert Pilot about Pilot recruiting after a Decert. If they're reduced to "cold calling" now how will they recruit quality 1500+ hour pilots?

With a $100,000 salary.

Yeah, Flops DBA Flexjet has a lot of trouble keeping planes on runways as is let alone dodging hail.

If they offer a $100K starting salary they'll get some A-Teamer's to work for them. Pilots who won't call in fatigued no matter what and won't write up Mx problems without phoning the Mothership for permission. There's always a percentage of pilots who are like that at any carrier, union or non-union. But I doubt they'll get enough to staff their operation, especially if the pro-union pilots leave in substantial numbers.

At NetJets F/O's can break $100K in about 4-5 years depending on which schedule. Sooner if you factor in the great benefits. I expect that pay will go up if FO raises their pay to 100K. Pilots aren't exactly knocking down the doors to work at NJA right now. But at least I haven't heard of NJA doing any "cold calling" LOL.

CAK crash and UPS crash in BHM are near identical crashes

TEB crash = got too slow (the rest .... who cares)

If they offer a $100K starting salary they'll get some A-Teamer's to work for them. Pilots who won't call in fatigued no matter what and won't write up Mx problems without phoning the Mothership for permission. There's always a percentage of pilots who are like that at any carrier, union or non-union. But I doubt they'll get enough to staff their operation, especially if the pro-union pilots leave in substantial numbers.

At NetJets F/O's can break $100K in about 4-5 years depending on which schedule. Sooner if you factor in the great benefits. I expect that pay will go up if FO raises their pay to 100K. Pilots aren't exactly knocking down the doors to work at NJA right now. But at least I haven't heard of NJA doing any "cold calling" LOL.
Maybe they can get a telemarketing firm to cold call 80-90 year old former pilots to gimp on down to the airport and stuff themselves into one of those $hitty Phenoms for 35K per year.:pimp:

Latest resources

Back