• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some info for SWA New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long is training from beginning to end and how much notification do you typically get between notification and class start date? Thanks.

Thanks for the info 328Dude!

Normally plan on six weeks from start to finish. They try to give you as much notice as possible but usually three weeks. Can be less if they have a cancellation for an upcoming class and your willing to start right away. The PD will ask you for your availability.

How long is training from beginning to end and how much notification do you typically get between notification and class start date? Thanks.

Thanks for the info 328Dude!

Class lasts about 6 weeks. Slightly shorter if you go straight to sim and don't get a break after ground school. I think they try to give about 2-3 weeks notice (I got 2 weeks). If you are flexible and tell the PD you can come on short notice, you may move up several seniority numbers if someone has to cancel. There was a guy in my class that was called at 11:00am eastern on a Tues, and was sitting with us in class at 8:00am on Wed. He missed the newhire party the night before, but we forgave him, and ensured he had A LOT of fun when we threw the party for the next class. :beer: He also moved up approx 80 numbers from when he was originally slated to go to class.

Is there any sort of fitness center at the hotel they put you up in during training??? Any place to go jogging nearby? Need somethin' else besides the 12 oz curls....

What kind of flashlight would you recommend? Does it need to have "2 D size batteries" ? Where do you purchase a good one?

What kind of flashlight would you recommend? Does it need to have "2 D size batteries" ? Where do you purchase a good one?

Get an LED-bulbed flashlight for battery life (and bulb life). Hand-size is sufficient. I've got one using 3xAAA batts, and one using Lithium 123 batts. That one is the Surefire Defender with the heavily-crenelated lens ring. The package refers to that as the 'pain-compliance device'. Good for the overnights when wearing my green cape!
Note: my Surefire is not an LED.
Mil clothing stores carry plenty of styles, T-1. Of flashlights, not capes.

D-cell batts are not necessary.

Latest resources

Back