• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some info for SWA New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd say get the liner for the jacket but not the zip out one, just the permanently installed liner (thinsulate).

Reasoning? Pretty much the main time you wear your jacket is waiting for the van or the walk around, both 5 - 10 minute experiences. If it is cold enough to take your jacket on your trip (nov-mar) then you'll want the liner. If it isn't, you're not going to zip it out and still drag along the jacket. It isn't like we're hiking 6 hours through the woods and want a wind breaker. If it is in the marginal temperature zone where you may want but don't need a jacket, many guys will tough it out for all of 5 minutes for the walk around rather than drag a leather jacket arond on a 4 day for one or two preflights at 50 F.

Thus, the only time you take it is when it is COLD and you'll want the liner for that.

p.s. if you were navy think of it as winter or summer weight nomex flight jacket. I never even wore my summer weight (for the reasons stated above). I'm not sure how the no liner compares to summer weight, but the liner leather is about the same as winter weight but nicer.

snicker, snicker....

I don't want to look too close at any SWA dude's pants as they are walking through the airport, but it looks like the color is navy blue? I have some money on my uniform expense account to burn at my current company, so I may as well get some free pants out of the deal before I leave!!

That was you looking at my pants!?!

Great advice! Now I need help with the Jan. interview that I just found out about!

Help, help :)

:cool: ...all good info. Now I just need my 2nd shot...I wuz just practicing the first time 10 months ago.

LJ...good luck

Latest resources

Back