• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some good news for the Spirit folks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Complain about the 13 days off... I'm getting tired of the 31 days off at a time...

Man, I deleted the first post I wrote because I don't know you and it was too brash. So here goes the watered-down version:

Why did you first come to Spirit? What attracted you to this company over other airlines that were hiring at the time? What did you know about this place that made you want to work here?

For me, I became familiar with the company's contract and got my hand on numerous monthly lines. I was impressed by what I perceived to be a great QOL with excellent provisions that protected a commuter's time at home. The schedules were built efficiently so you could come to work, get your block in, and go home an average of 15 or more days off a month. Sure, there were other airlines that paid better, but I knew that Spirit pilots enjoyed a QOL that rivaled (if not beat) most airlines.

We want you back on property just as you want to be here. But keep in mind that when you get back, you'll want it to be a place worth working for.

gator

The QOL is the main reason I came to this place too...also when I showed up there was no mention about selling soda, or the inside of the airplane.

I still think ALPA should buy the insides of a few and take out adds detailing the crappy stuff the B. Ben Ballzonya and his partners are doing.

Gatorbird -

You are so benevloent! I guess you are doing all you can for me and all the rest of us on the streets. How could I possibly ever repay you for your hard work.

Get over yourself. If you didn't have a job and had to work on an asphalt paving crew or dig ditches to pay your bills right now you might have different opinion of some pilot complaining about only 13 days off. Typical pilot.

And you're right, I just took whatever job was thrown my way. And flying a big new airbus - WOW!

Oh I do hope since you are helping all of the furloughed pilots so much that you haven't picked up open time or answered your phone on a day off. What are the odds on that one?

Gatorbird -

You are so benevloent! I guess you are doing all you can for me and all the rest of us on the streets. How could I possibly ever repay you for your hard work.

Get over yourself. If you didn't have a job and had to work on an asphalt paving crew or dig ditches to pay your bills right now you might have different opinion of some pilot complaining about only 13 days off. Typical pilot.

And you're right, I just took whatever job was thrown my way. And flying a big new airbus - WOW!

Oh I do hope since you are helping all of the furloughed pilots so much that you haven't picked up open time or answered your phone on a day off. What are the odds on that one?

Not likely........there are plenty of SPA pilots that are holding the line. Don't let emotions get in the way of clear thought.

This is the side of aviation they don't tell you about - furloughing is a PART of the business cycle of airlines. Stay unified.

There are contract jobs in asia if you need them. Either way - good luck and try not to burst a vessel or two.

Gatorbird -

Easy with the accusations your throwing around there, man.

First, you're an idiot. What pegs me in your eyes as someone who picks up opentime/answers my phone when all of my posts on this board center around my protection of my time at home? Are you paying attention?

Have you noticed that this pilot group authorized to pay your insurance coverage premium? So tell me again what I'm not doing for you? And yes, I voted for it.

You know what else I'm doing for you? I'm showing up for work. I'm getting flights out on time. I'm doing it safely and professionally. I'm giving lost/confused passengers directions. I'm helping to keep this airline running so you will have a job to come back to one day, if you so choose.

By the way, if this management team had followed the contract, we would have needed 11 additional crews to cover for the 4-day off language. Maybe you'd have been in the bunch. Don't thank us though, jerk, we're just trying to keep this a good place to work for US and YOU!

gator

Touch a nerve? Your self importance is laughable. Keep giving directions and I'm sure we will all be back soon. Pretty naive, but if it makes you feel better...

Never asked for the insurance payments and haven't gotten any from the Union. A nice gesture though. And I never asked you to do anything for me... remember you are one telling me how magnanimous you are - and how you should be treated better.

I see no reason to thank you. For what? Doing the job that you are paid to do and complaining about it. You're right you should be thanked after all it is Thanksgiving.

Oh one other thing, hold the insults, they do not flatter you.

Your a f'ing ****************************** bag. Please dont come back. We have enough tool bag captains here. I dont need some toolbag swinging my gear some day........beoch!

Oh I probably won't, but if I do I'll be swinging your gear whille you tell me how bad everything is for you with your 16 days off and you only making $120K. Boo hoo!

Do you really think your post contributed anything?

P.S. "toolbag" huh? -- that's a good one!

whille you tell me how bad everything is for you with your 16 days off and you only making $120K.

You dont know me jack-off. you are way off on this one. I'd feel like I won the lottery if I ever get to 120k and 16 days off. What gets under my skin is expectant m'fkrs like yourself that cant even appreciate when a starving FO like myself flips for your insurance. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

By the way your rantings are a huge contribution to mankind also........

I'm sorry for you and the fact that you'll be happy making 120k flying several hundred people. I bet you had an app on file at skybus too...

You should probably work on your vocabulary a bit, it's flattering to say the least.

My insurance policy hasn't been paid for since I was last able to and I no longer have insurance. Perhaps you should get your money back so you can feed your poor and unfortunate self. And no.... I'm not an expectant mfker as you so gracefully and slanderously stated. I didn't ask for it and quite frankly am disgusted at how it was voted in but people like yourself so tactfully throw it in the face of others that are on the street. Gee thanks.

You'll add nicely to the toolbag captain side of things. Have fun wearing your four stripes and making 80k. That's what will happen if anyone ever actually listens to what you're saying.

I'm done with this thread... good luck at Spirit you guys will need it with gems like LITCH holding the line.

Latest resources

Back