• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Fool at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i think the guy did a good deed. 15-23000 increase is pretty good....the company is showing signs of better things to come....i know its not May yet but its a good start....no matter who you work for someone will always complain....its not a perfect world....and it didnt take money out of our pocket to pay a union to get the new rates...if we had a union it would probally take a few years to get what we are instead of a few months....

Man you are stupid! You think if NJ had not received the new TA you would have received that big raise??? Because they have a Union YOU got more money. It can be taken away as easily as it was given.

I will be sure to bow to you when I see you for the raise. NOT
I am already tired of hearing we should thank every netjets guy we see.

Last edited:
Ref you know nothing. You have been with Flexjet for what 6 months? You should be thankful to everyone at Netjets for your increase. You should also be thankful to those at Flexjet that have the courage to stick their necks out for your raise. Show some respect.

Exactly!!!! If it weren't for the NJA guy's we'd have squat. All we did was inherit the good fortune of anothers merit. Still you cannot cash your check until May. So we don't have anything, but promises.

I would personally like to thank this guy for his excellent negotiating skills, way to stick together with your fellow pilots bro! And don't forget the more you make, the more you get taxed! Money ain't everything! Quality of life is priceless!

I've heard this reasoning before. So you'd rather not increase your net gain because it means paying more taxes? Tell you what. Any future increases you can send my way and I'll gladly pay the extra taxes and enjoy the extra net.

Folks,

you are dealing with a re-active company, not an active one. without our deal you wouldnt have gotten anything from them. Send in your card, become a unified pilot group, and get the quality of life you deserve.

Ref you know nothing. You have been with Flexjet for what 6 months? You should be thankful to everyone at Netjets for your increase. You should also be thankful to those at Flexjet that have the courage to stick their necks out for your raise. Show some respect.

I am not here to disrespect or make enemies with anyone. I apologize if I came across that way, but I never said I wasnt thankful for our raise. I am very happy FlexJet stepped up to the plate with the pay. Would it have happened without your raise? Probably not. All I was saying is I dont feel I need to thank everybody I see for the raise. Guess I should have worded my last post better.

you guys should know this is a semi union board and if you do not hate your job, management, the company in general and praise netjets for their union; folks are going to say negative things to you on this board

By the way for me personally the money was the biggest issue, I can deal with the other stuff and hopefully see gradual improvements in the other areas. Unless you're retired airline(unless you lost your pension), military, have a good side job, or just wealthy it was very difficult for a family of 4 to live on 42,000/year which breaks down to 1200 every two weeks so the raise was considerable for the folks at the bottom.

So I would have to debate anyone saying money was not really the issue.

Last edited:
No, money was YOUR issue, and that's understandable for a family of four living off of Flex F.O. pay. For many captains and or other F.O.'s with spouses that have good jobs, then money is certainly not the issue. Keep in mind that your raise is not guaranteed and can be taken away without notice by the same generous folks who gave it to you.

Our rest situation is a serious concern for all.

We work more than any other company.

We have fewer bases than any other comparable fractional.

We pay too much for our healthcare.

Our catering situation can downright suck.

We have a lousy bid system.

I'm happy that our raise brought us back up to industry standards, but real non monetary issues at Flex weren't remotely addressed. Your spouse and children might sleep better at night with your increased salary, but you sure won't with our 3AM wake up calls. And you'll be out more nights than any other fractional.

Face it. You and many others were bought on the cheap. You might run across the odd crewmember who's just happy to have a job with no complaints, but the majority have long ago given up on incremental change at Flex.

TBD doesn't mean To Be Determined. It stands for Too Bad Dumbasses.

Last edited:
Finnjl. Money was the big issue for you? I got news for you my friend. You won't see your "pay off" until May. That is , if you see it at all. What you have now, is a wish my friend. So toss the coin into the fountain and hope it all works out come paday in May. For now were right where we've always been.

Latest resources

Back