Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So when do the new rest rules actually happen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would argue with pilotyip but my wall is much closer and has more chance of listening.
feel free, one of us might be right, but only time will tell, and you may be more right than me

A distinct reduction for your QOL occurs that day.

or for those who have never had anymore than 11 days off in 9 years and is on reserve with 8-9 hour overnights all the time-a distinct increase in QOL

Two things I've been told is that it will require airlines to have approximately 8% more pilots to fly the existing schedule and that rest will begin when you get to the hotel.

I'm so sick of waiting for hotel vans, maybe it will improve?

so does anyone really know when the final ruling will be seen, and after it is seen what will be the implementation period, Will it will include supplemental, will it count short call reserve off airport as duty? We need to know this stuff to update the hiring boom posts

Again the numbers support which side of the argument your on. Humans do not 'need' 8 hours of sleep. The truth about this is that we will be working more for the same ammount of hours of pay. If you need more rest on an overnight after a long day, you take it. Period. Regardless what the rules permit schedulers to schedule. Not enough pilots stand up for themselves when they are truly tired and need a little more rest than what's provided by regulation.

The science has already proven the three points I wrote, one being that the average human needs about 8 hours of restful sleep. That is ALL I'm saying. I'm not talking about employers, attendance policies, sick banks, days off, pay, etc.

so does anyone really know when the final ruling will be seen, and after it is seen what will be the implementation period, Will it will include supplemental, will it count short call reserve off airport as duty? We need to know this stuff to update the hiring boom posts

Part of the BS of when this starts is that this 2 years of waiting for these rules is to allow the companies to see how to implement these changes. But, as we know, the companies are using this as a 2 year reprieve and shoveling as much as they can down on us until 1 year and 364 days. Then they'll probably get an extension because they weren't ready.

Did the 1500 hour rule get tabled? I heard a rumor that it was being substantially watered down or eliminiated.
Still a work in progress, from what I hear. Also Part 117 does not apply to all cargo carriers

Again the numbers support which side of the argument your on. Humans do not 'need' 8 hours of sleep. The truth about this is that we will be working more for the same ammount of hours of pay. If you need more rest on an overnight after a long day, you take it. Period. Regardless what the rules permit schedulers to schedule. Not enough pilots stand up for themselves when they are truly tired and need a little more rest than what's provided by regulation.

I suspect this sentiment will be at the heart of "alternative compliance" schemes. "We'll keep scheduling you like we want and YOU tell us when you're fatigued. You're not REALLY that tired are you? You just need a good, strong cup of coffee." "Did we mention we can NOW schedule you for 9 hours?"

Latest resources

Back