• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what now at SKW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very sorry to hear of the furlough at ASA. You guys seem like you worked your tails off just to get a swift kick in the nads.

I'm one of the 80 at ASA.

I'm glad it was only 80. I figured it would be a lot worse than that.

Thank God we have the management we do...from what I hear, the people that used to be in charge here would not be doing nearly as good a job at helping our airline cope with the present challenges.

Personally, I'm glad to work for the folks calling the shots at ASA and have been nothing but impressed with everything I've seen from our leadership.

They're doing a good job.

I dunno' about Skywest's options for dealing with overstaffing...but in the long term, Skywest Inc. looks to be in pretty healthy financial shape to outlast some of our weaker competitors in the industry.

2009 is probably going to see more than one regional airline shutting it's doors.

Definitely not an industry for the faint of heart!

I'm one of the 80 at ASA.

I'm glad it was only 80. I figured it would be a lot worse than that.

Thank God we have the management we do...from what I hear, the people that used to be in charge here would not be doing nearly as good a job at helping our airline cope with the present challenges.

Personally, I'm glad to work for the folks calling the shots at ASA and have been nothing but impressed with everything I've seen from our leadership.

They're doing a good job.

I dunno' about Skywest's options for dealing with overstaffing...but in the long term, Skywest Inc. looks to be in pretty healthy financial shape to outlast some of our weaker competitors in the industry.

2009 is probably going to see more than one regional airline shutting it's doors.

Definitely not an industry for the faint of heart!

Man you hit the nail on the head. Old mgmt. would be saying, "It's Delta's fault. They didn't give us the resources we needed. They promised and didn't deliver....bs bs bs......" We've got straight shooters now and I believe in them. I'm sorry for all the bs this industry and you are about to go through. If it were up to me, all I can say is things wouldn't be exactly as they are now. Hang in there, and i can say this, if ASA if furloughing, things truly are in deeeeep $hit.

Trojan

look for SkyWest to seek to reduce pilot positions in the neighborhood of 250, first by VLAs, allowing for part-time lines, etc. I'm guessing if that doesn't produce the required number, furloughs could be next. I'd say we'll know by March or so.

I don't think March would be a very wise date to furlough at OO unless the summer schedules were horrendously worse than planned. Summer flying would only the help the staffing situation. That and miniscule attritrion would make the fall of 2009 a more suspect time for furloughs imo.

The furloughs you are seeing now are to be in line for the summer staffing. DAL has finalized their summer sked. SKW and ASA know what they will be doing.
Just remember ASA went from voluntary furloughs to the official deal in less than a month!

Latest resources

Back