So what now at SKW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyzz1

Very sorry to hear of the furlough at ASA. You guys seem like you worked your tails off just to get a swift kick in the nads.

Just wanted to hear some of the predictions for what will happen now at Skywest? I feel that with a furlough at ASA, we will be next on the list very shortly. They are working on LOAs and part time pilot lines but I don't think that will do much to shrink the over populated pilot group. I would guess 150 pilots will soon be kicked to the street (me included). Hope I am wrong...here is to going to bed another night not knowing what tomorrow brings...:beer:

Brad Holt mentioned at Thanksgiving in the crew lounge that Skywest was more over staffed than us at ASA. Now I am not sure what Jerry and the boys will do for yall, but things sure don't look rosy over here anymore.

I predict nothing will happen at Skywest.

It is very simple. There was no way on Earth that Jerry was going to allow SKW to furlough a single pilot before it happened at ASA. End of story. He made sure of that because he's trying to prove that ALPA has no power and he doesn't want it on property. Now that we have furloughed first, I'd expect something to happen over there in the next two months. My opinion only.

It is very simple. There was no way on Earth that Jerry was going to allow SKW to furlough a single pilot before it happened at ASA. End of story. He made sure of that because he's trying to prove that ALPA has no power and he doesn't want it on property. Now that we have furloughed first, I'd expect something to happen over there in the next two months. My opinion only.

The word is that there's a lot more flying coming our way but it won't be DAL flying. I'm not sure what restrictions ASA has with DAL, but ASA has to beable to codeshare with other carriers to remain strong. I would think that Jerry and Brad are working on that but then maybe not cause Skywest is Jerry's baby.

The word is that there's a lot more flying coming our way but it won't be DAL flying. I'm not sure what restrictions ASA has with DAL, but ASA has to beable to codeshare with other carriers to remain strong. I would think that Jerry and Brad are working on that but then maybe not cause Skywest is Jerry's baby.

ASA can fly for whoever they want. The only problem, and this is a slight one, is that a good chunk of ASA's airplanes are owned by or leased from Delta. Obviously those airplanes will not be flying for a competitor.

If ASA acquired more airplanes, they could grow to other airlines. However, I think the furloughs were an admission that there will be no new business.

Maybe overstaffing is going to be a problem afterall at Skywest. SAPA today announced that they and Skywest are working on a voluntary LOA and a part-time option for pilots. Not sure the part-time option will be a good thing. Could further erode the profession. I bet they offer part time with no benefits. Can it get any worst?

Latest resources

Back