Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
transpac said:
Skygirl:

... perhaps you could expand about the different laws of physics that apply to large airplanes. I must'a been asleep when that was covered during big 'un training.

Sure, you could start with Newton's First Law of Motion otherwise known as the Law of Inertia which basically says that inertia is that quantity which depends solely on mass.

You could next look at the Second Law which can be stated:
F=MA or force equals mass times acceleration.
You can substitute this equation around to see the important part that mass plays in this law.

Finally, I'd check out the Law of Conservation of Energy otherwise known as the First Law of Thermodynamics. I'd look at the part called the Law of Momentum which can be stated:
p=m*v where p equals momentum, m equals mass and v equals velocity.

You get a quick demonstration of these laws by going to any radio controlled model airplane field and watching the impossible things these small aircraft are able do because of their small mass.

_SkyGirl_

Just checking his profile, maybe Muddy did something more challenging than being a Southwest captain when he was in the military - like flying an F-16 in Iraq.

Oh, Im sorry. So the fact he flew a single engine jet single pilot makes him more qualified to fly a 737? I didnt realize this, my mistake.

Flying a corporate jet in a two pilot environment obviously doesnt qualify anyone.

Fracster said:
Oh, Im sorry. So the fact he flew a single engine jet single pilot makes him more qualified to fly a 737? I didnt realize this, my mistake.

Check his profile dipstick, he flew the T-43 which is a military Boeing 737-200. I've talked to Muddy off-line, he flew the 737 internationally from Ramstein Air Base in Germany where he was assigned to the 58th MAS.

steel said:
All in good time for NJI. They WILL get what they deserve.[/QUOTE

Are you for real dude? Why must you flame? Why must you insult you know nothing about? You must be a NJA dispatcher?

Webslinger said:
steel said:
All in good time for NJI. They WILL get what they deserve.[/QUOTE

Are you for real dude? Why must you flame? Why must you insult you know nothing about? You must be a NJA dispatcher?

Hey, you can go cry in your little corner if you want. NJI will be a part of NJA regardless of the outcome of the contract. Like I wrote, they'll be here, stapled below all of us eventually. And that's where they belong. They should have never been started up in the first place. We all know that. They all know that. Eventually, they will be brought to that realism. Eventually, we will all get along, provided they get the coffee and newspapers and catering like they're supposed to. They cost us money due to all of the overlap, etc., etc.....

Last edited:
steel said:
Webslinger said:
Hey, you can go cry in your little corner if you want. NJI will be a part of NJA regardless of the outcome of the contract. Like I wrote, they'll be here, stapled below all of us eventually. And that's where they belong. They should have never been started up in the first place. We all know that. They all know that. Eventually, they will be brought to that realism. Eventually, we will all get along, provided they get the coffee and newspapers and catering like they're supposed to. They cost us money due to all of the overlap, etc., etc.....

If you want them in the union so bad, why dont you go down there and try to organize them?

Why are you trying to force them in?

This is America, isnt it? Why dont you ask them if they WANT to be in a union....

Last edited:
ugh the same thing over and over. GET OVER IT FAMILY GUY.

Move on. seriously. It's old allready.

We've hashed this and hashed this, beat the horse, smashed it in the face, kicked it in the nuts.

enough allready move on. God. Do you honestly think you're going to change anything. We are long down this path.

move on.

Heard Moisture lasted only a few minutes in front of the pilots today in recurrent training. They said he looked like he had a tear in his eye as he slurked away. Someone even left him a "Happy Holidays" message for him to cheer him up.

Family Guy, you will not save the company with this message board. Regardless of what is written here, what matters is what the pilots are feeling.

We are pissed.

Every group of pilots that come through CMH are even more unified, even more focused on our goal and more disenchanted with management.

These are the facts.

The company could end this in 10 minutes with an offer that will satisfy the requirements of the pilots at NJA. Nothing else will save this company... ever.

If you want them in the union so bad, why dont you go down there and try to organize them?
Moron, were dont want their pilots just the planes. Where have you been?? For someone who spends all his waking time on this message board you sure are clueless

FamilyGuy said:
steel said:

Why are you trying to force them in?

This is America, isnt it? Why dont you ask them if they WANT to be in a union....

What? I don't want to force anybody into a union. They don't have to come over when we win the single carrier lawsuit. They are free to do what they want to when the time comes, just so they know they will be stapled to the bottom of the list. I welcome increased seniority. Although, I would have to be a little worried about your job, as we won't need nearly as much overlap. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back