• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what is going on over at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do believe that there are a large group of pilots that are prepaired to vote on a contract but if a contract is never presented, it is a moot point.

Another day flying broke aircraft and another day with no contract presented to the pilots. Even if they do present a lame watered down contract and the pilots vote it down, what was acomplished but more wasted time. Then the company will say that the pilots are not being fair and on and on.

The contract is not being settled because the company is not motivated to do so. Think about it. Why should they, they have you doing the work now for peanuts. The company has been bought and sold a few times even with the labor dispute because the company has full control of the Union and the pilots.

The movement had a good start but suddenly went limp.

Many of the furloughed guy's want their jobs back, and are equally pissed at all the dudes that got us here in the first place. It will be interesting to watch the tables turn. BTW most of those pilots(laid-off) were some of the first on board, and some of the strongest members. To leave these people in the weeds with a "Industry Standard Contract" when and if you return. Such a giant load of crap....These guy's have plans also.....With a couple hundred votes, this group can throw it either way. Should be a fair fight and alot of fun to watch.

My group of MIGS (members in good standing), are raising their expectations, and will be voting no to a substandard contract.

Mr Holiday,

Its obvious that you're upset at being furloughed, I would be too.

Blaming the pilots that are still employed is a stretch though friend.
The previous management team did a suberb job of running off customers and demoralizing the work force. For years, the sales force and ad campaigns were laughable. Recall the annoucement that they hired an aluminum garage door rep as the VP of Sales? Classic.

The management and sales team currently inplace are a vast improvement over what we had previously. They know the clientele and how to sell but they have their work cut out. There are very few buyers in the current economic climate and a savvy potential customer will be reluctant to purchase a share with a provider in the midst of contract negotiations. We've lost out on several lucrative opportunities because the union and management haven't yet reached an agreement.

The truth is we are still slow. No one is being asked to do ot, even those that routinely volunteer for and are granted ot have been unsuccessful in their attempts to obtain it. I don't see that recalling pilots will even be considered as a bargaining chip. In my opinion, we simply don't have the demand to justify employing more pilots at this time.

My advice: Don't waste time waiting for a recall. Take advantage of the federal funds available for retraining. I believe it will be awhile, maybe a long while, before recalls take place. Have you considered flying elsewhere in the world? Middle East?

I feel for you and wish you the best. The flying business is a lousy one to be in.

Last edited:
...Recall the annoucement that they hired an aluminum garage door rep as the VP of Sales? Classic. Oh yeah...the FLOP's at their finest...:rolleyes:

.... We've lost out on several lucrative opportunities because the union and management haven't yet reached an agreement.
This could be the motivation Fedmagnet is looking for from management.

I feel for you and wish you the best. ....

My sentiments exactly! Good Luck 1108! I hope you exercise your option of rejecting a sub-par contract when/if that is what they offer. Frac pilots perform a similar task, using many of the same skills so it is WRONG to have such huge disparities in your pay. Hang in there, guys! You're doing the right thing for yourselves, your families, and the industry. Respectfully, NJW

Latest resources

Back