So what about college?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Explain this

Flystr: Explain this then 7 of our pilots have interviewed at JB, 4 with degrees, 3 without, 3 have been hired; 2 without degrees and one with a degree. 121 TJ PIC seperates the wantabes for the pilots getting jobs.

Last edited:
I am a Riddle Grad as well working for them. I suggest getting a degree in something other than aviation as others here have. I am working toward an airline career right now but who knows right now the way hiring is going. I am also waiting for a call from ATC to go make some serious cash real fast out of school... I suggest that you get a degree in something other than aviation that you can have fun with. If I lose my medical both my aviation degree and my ATC opportunites are over and I have to start shopping around for another job which I most likely will not be able to get with out the required degree.

PS I wish I knew this stuff before I ever started flying... GOOD LUCK

I've never worked anywhere in aviation that didn't require a degree. I agree with those that suggest that you get a degree in a field other than aviation. Most employers that require a degree do so to insure that you are educable and that you have the discipline to complete a long term task. I got my first degree in a non-aviation discipline and my second in aviation to facilitate my job.

GV

152-for-life said:
Thank you all so much for your words of wisdom, I cant tell you all how excited I am that I found this sight. I wish I knew about it years ago. Thank you all for your time to respond. Happy Turkey day everyone.

152-for-life said:
Hi. This is my first thread on this sight...

Go to college.... a real college, not some online POS. Go to class, study hard, and spend your nights out in a drunken' haze. Wake up the next morning and do it all over again.

Oh yeah, they may even teach you how to spell!

Good luck!!

No offense but if you think for a minute that you are better off without a college degree, you are an idiot and im shocked anyone hired you. Im not saying its a necessity, im saying it helps......A LOT!

smart response dabandermac. I couldn't agree with you more.

I cant explain that. Thats why I said they "PREFER" an education, not demand it. You figure it out.

Flystr8 said:
No offense but if you think for a minute that you are better off without a college degree, you are an idiot and im shocked anyone hired you. Im not saying its a necessity, im saying it helps......A LOT!

It obviously hasn't helped your dumb a$$.

Actually moron(qmaster3) it is working for me so why dont you keep your 3rd grade comments to yourself and take your no experience, non-aviating, useless opinion self off this website. Thank you for your useless cooperation.....TOOL! Go back to your little AOL chat room. This site is for grown-ups little one.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back