• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So was B19 right or wrong?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The people that made committments based on extra money they were making are straight up idiots.

From a soon to be furloughed guy.

I understand your situation, but the one guy I am thinking about made a commitment to pay for his wife's medical bills that are not covered by insurance. I would say that any one of us would do the same given similar circumstances. It would be a hard pill to swallow knowing that the money you thought was going to pay for the treatment that might keep you wife alive is not going to make it to your bank account.

As for the guys/gals with boats, vacation homes, cars and airplanes......, that is a discussion for another day.

Again, you can't understand why people do what they do until you walk in their shoes.

fischman I wouldn't worry about Avantair and people leaving. Our new owners are quite happy here. We hear it all the time. I dont get why it is so offensive that Avantair is doing well. The talk about Netjets here at Avantair is always very positive. We all feel for the 500 who will be out of work and put ourselves in their shoes. Why do you wish the same for us? I just don't get it. The fact is we are going to be here for a long time. We are well taken care of and thankful that we dont have to worry about our next paycheck.
By the way guys not having overtime available or reducing your work schedule is very different from refusing your yearly salary increase. I doubt anyone is doing that

I missed the part where I wished Avantair to furlough?

I have no doubt of the professionalism of your company and crews. I'm sure your owners are happy. (But I'm sure they'd be happier at NetJets :))

Yeah, what imacdog said...

Plus, why would you worry about the guys not getting overtime when there are THOUSANDS of guys not getting anytime right now?

Plus, would the folks bitchin about Avantair COO pay care to post what the COO at NetJets makes? Why is it pilots at other companies are complaining about our company...right before a massive furlough at their company? Do you somehow blame us?

The COO of NetJets isn't involved in this thread.

Avantair has taken some owners from NetJets. So that company isn't completely innocent to the cause of the NetJets furlough. However, it is a drop of water in the ocean compared to what our own management did to us.

I understand your situation, but the one guy I am thinking about made a commitment to pay for his wife's medical bills that are not covered by insurance. I would say that any one of us would do the same given similar circumstances. It would be a hard pill to swallow knowing that the money you thought was going to pay for the treatment that might keep you wife alive is not going to make it to your bank account.

As for the guys/gals with boats, vacation homes, cars and airplanes......, that is a discussion for another day.

Again, you can't understand why people do what they do until you walk in their shoes.

Sounds like something he was committed to whether he had the money or not. Really doesn't have anything to do with counting on extra money that one has no control over getting. In either case it sucks to lose a percentage of your income, but the overtime money at NJA should never, ever be counted on if one has a choice.

Sounds like something he was committed to whether he had the money or not. Really doesn't have anything to do with counting on extra money that one has no control over getting. In either case it sucks to lose a percentage of your income, but the overtime money at NJA should never, ever be counted on if one has a choice.

Couldn't agree more. But where was this reaction when Olsen and clan pushed IBB because of the 10-15% stipend in OT, holiday pay, etc. They claimed we should consider this in the total income picture. Lots of bobble heads went right along with this. Try telling your creditors that.

Couldn't agree more. But where was this reaction when Olsen and clan pushed IBB because of the 10-15% stipend in OT, holiday pay, etc. They claimed we should consider this in the total income picture. Lots of bobble heads went right along with this. Try telling your creditors that.

Agree- it's like expecting your investments in the stock market to go up 10-15% per year because that's what you saw for 2-3 years. Now that your annual return is zero on your principal, you consider that a loss? Weird.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns, unless it's guaranteed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back