• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So was B19 right or wrong?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've taken plenty of pay cuts over the years before the union. That's because management always does the right thing before unions.

Yea I'd like to see one such cut! Your humor is killing us, look at Gun, he dropped his coffee cup on his computer.

I've taken plenty of pay cuts over the years before the union. That's because management always does the right thing before unions.

that's interesting to me. did you take your paycut out of goodwill or because there would be hell to pay from organized pilots who thought the pain should be shared? again, as I look at avantair which is non-union it seems that not all executives share your 'evolved' sense of righteousness. take their COO for example.

I think everyone can agree the last 2 years have been one of the worst economic meltdowns in our lifetimes. when unemployment is 10%, pilots are being furloughed left and right i think it's not unreasonable to at least freeze the compensation of executives. looks like some though aren't so interested when it comes to their compensation.

in 2007 - Avantair COO $99,375.00
in 2008 - $250,407.00
in 2009 - $324,784.00

here are the links for this publicly traded company.
http://sec.edgar-online.com/avantair-inc/10-k-annual-report/2008/09/24/Section24.aspx

http://quote.morningstar.com/inside...px?t=AAIR&P=Kevin-Beitzel&PersonId=PS0000215I

i must be missing something. i find it surprising an executive would willingly allow his salary to be almost quadrupled during this difficult times. it seems so slimy.

B19 is not the COO at Avantair. There is no way. Just to keep things real everyone still has their job here thats something we can all agree on. Keep in mind that bonuses are typically paid in stock and the stock has almost doubled in the last couple of months. We could easily point to a 10 year captain salary at Netjets and say I think its pretty slimy that they keep taking raises in this economy. Just a silly argument altogether

B19 is not the COO at Avantair. There is no way. Just to keep things real everyone still has their job here thats something we can all agree on. Keep in mind that bonuses are typically paid in stock and the stock has almost doubled in the last couple of months. We could easily point to a 10 year captain salary at Netjets and say I think its pretty slimy that they keep taking raises in this economy. Just a silly argument altogether

that's not entirely accurate. our contract has built in ebbs and flows that allows it react to economic environments. as soon as the economy went south every netjets pilots experienced between 15-20% pay reduction. True, base pay still enjoys a yearly longevity bonus but W2 earnings will be less this year.

as for who B19 is. it doesn't matter to me at all. If however B19 WAS the COO at avantair would that matter to you? would it matter to the other pilots that work there? I think it's pretty clear the opinion he holds of pilots, the work they do and their value. He has made numerous claims he's an executive. if he were at avantair I think most who work there and post here would find that information relevant.

have no fear though, he makes no comments about avantair in any way. clearly that company doesn't interest him at all.

Are you saying if we look at what's published about netjet pilot pay it is not accurate today? We should be deducting 20 percent

Are you saying if we look at what's published about netjet pilot pay it is not accurate today? We should be deducting 20 percent

what i'm saying is the compensation for netjets pilots was negotiated such that a significant portion of it was tied to things such as holiday pay, overtime, extended days of work, undertime on day 1 etc. we could have eliminated all those opportunities and simply had a higher base wage but that would have a detrimental effect on the company in times such as this. also, this is different from voluntary overtime or extra days of work. those opportunities exist (or did in the past) as at other carriers but the items above are non-voluntary and simply part of the daily business. it's fair to say wages at netjets have been historically 15-20% greater than base wages because of these non-voluntary items. the company and the union planned on this and was aware of the design. it is the 'shock absorber' if you will in our CBA for an economic downturn.

so to your question above, I would say 2009 is the first year the published pay rates at netjets ARE accurate. every year previous you would have had to add 15-20% to get a true picture of compensation.

No... big contract meant big cost and the union is trying to get out of what they got themselves into.

Your "proactive" actions are akin to kicking somebody in the shins and then asking him if he's OK and helping him up. You still caused the pain and your actions would have never happened if you hadn't kicked him in the shins.

Oh, I did answer your question and skirted nothing. I stated that I also don't post on other threads that don't interest me. That thread doesn't interest me. I wasn't avoiding it.

Our CBA is a drop of water in the ocean compared to the 100+ extra airframes our wizard management team overbought.

So NJASAP does EXACTLY what you say unions never do, and you say we are kicking NetJets in the shins??? How does that work??? Are you out of your mind??? Seriously, are you not sane? Are you in an institution?

Oh, and you didn't answer a single question, and I posted them in this thread. You are skirting. I'll repost them and highlight them in bold for you. I anything I can do to help...

Yes. Let's talk about how NetJets wanted to try to save job and how NJASAP kept them from doing just that.

B19, PLEASE don't let facts get in the way. Nevermind how NJASAP came to NetJets MONTHS before the $h!t hit the fan telling them about our upcoming financial troubles. Nevermind the fact that NJASAP has been collecting waste reports from our members to try to help the company eliminate it (which has fallen on deaf ears for YEARS). Nevermind the fact that NJASAP went to the company with Voluntary Measures designed to help save hundreds of jobs (which the company eventually no longer believed in and canceled). Again, I'd HATE for you to have to come out of your bubble and see the REAL WORLD. What else can NJASAP do to convince you that we are not here to destroy the company? How have we created chaos? We have FIXED chaos due to poor management.

Speaking of REAL WORLD, Avantair is seeing some nice growth as people are looking for a cheaper way to enjoy fractional ownership. What are you planning for Avantair when the fractional market swings the way away from turboprops and wants the size and speed a jet can afford? When the pilots become upset because you are going to have to lay them off are you going to help save their jobs? Are you going to quit if a union ever comes on property? Or will you threaten all who desire representation and a contract (which I'm sure you enjoy having)? Why is management allowed to have contracts and pilots aren't?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back