So Now What For Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoDEAN said:
VP talked to the class my friend is in today. I hear they are going to start parking the AVRO, moving people over to the CRJ. The 10/10 class has been cx, and the people who recently were interviewed are now going to be put in a pool. Oy Vey!

Slow down...

None of this is true, at least not yet. The new VP of flight ops has said he wouldn't be surprised to see the Avro go away. But NO ONE has said it is going to be parked. A lot has to happen before that is fact. Could it happen? Yes. Might it happen? Probably. Has it happened? Nope.

The only classes that have been cancelled are Saab captain upgrade and that is a temporary thing.

Please be careful about what you report as fact before it is verified. Yes, I realize this is FlightInfo but having just interview at XJ you need to watch before you fan the flames.

BoDEAN said:
VP Mesaba. New Hire Class. Mesaba

Topic of the thread here is "Mesaba"

There is still a new hire class scheduled for 10/31.

If there is major news, there will be a press release and not a new VP informing the new hire class.

Remember, possible/likely/could happen does not equal is happening.

When something is official, it will be announced to everyone.

Let me tell ya, if the new VP of Ops is ole Capt Ed...he'll pump ya full of sunshine and then never carry through with any of the promise he made. His major concern (at least with the carrier he just left) was to cut cost to increase his bounses for his retirement.

Side question, when is the current ALPA contract up for renewal?

Here is where the list of aircraft up for debate. (For people that like to read actual documents not created by flightinfo folks)

All it is saying that these 102 aircraft need to be reevaluated because they are not cost effective. They want the panel to asses how to renegotiate the leases (which they have 45 days to do so)

http://www.nwa-restructuring.com/CourtFiledDocuments/firstDayMotions.html

(motion number 17)

On another note on the CRJ's to Mesaba, bankruptcy laws do not allow any company to pay for debts before the date of execution (Thursday) but are allowed to now purchase and pay for ongoing business expenses as usual. This means the payments missed to XJ and 9E aren’t allowed to be settled until the judge accpets the filings, but they can continue to purchase additional aircraft with their $1.5 billion in capital they have right now.

dondk said:
Bring in a 3rd party and we might as well bend over and provide our own sandpaper.

Just to keep the proper perspective, if you fly an airplane that has a NW logo on the tail, but your paycheck doesn't have a NW logo on it, then YOU are a 3rd party...

Not intended to be a dig, I have done it, have friends that are doing it, but it is the truth.

Latest resources

Back