• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So long ALPA. Thanks for the memories.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Riiiiigghhhhtt. It's about a third of the size it was under AirTran, yet they're planning on "growth." I'll be surprised if it's even a domicile at all in five years.

In case you really care, one of the reasons the ATL base is considerably smaller than at AirTran is because that was your only real base. Southwest, on the other hand, is spread out, fairly evenly, over ten bases around the country. Plus, you guys were hub-and-spoke, and flew a buttload of connecting customers through ATL. De-hubbing ATL, so that previously-connecting pax are now bypassing the ATL on the way to their actual destination, was why the majority of the flight shrinkage occurred there.

As far as "growth" goes, especially at the ATL base, I don't claim to know for sure, but one thing I would lay money on, is that, as usual, you don't know the first friggin' thing about what you speak. Do you have any actual evidence or argument that it'll be "closed in five years," or is it just another of your made-up, "I hate Southwest" slams?

Dude, you just continually get worse and worse with the anti-all things Southwest shtick. The less relevant you are as time goes by, the more outlandish your crap becomes. It's almost funny, actually. These days, you're just coming across as a petulant child with the taste of sour grapes in your mouth. Do you really not see that?

Do everyone a favor and just go, already. Hopefully, you'll be more successful in your next endeavor than you were in your last.

Bubba

Last edited:
Relax Jodie Foster...

Ahh yes .... Young Jodie in The Silence of the Lambs. As I was walking past the TV recently, my beady little eyes spotted the psych ward scene being replayed. I hopped up and down with excitement and pressed rewind.

Unfortunately it was cut, so I was unable to enjoy the full vigor of poor Miggs and his nasty little hobby. I must say, he's quite the shot though. I heard that he swallowed his tongue.

:nuts:

Last edited:
Ahh yes .... Young Jodie in The Silence of the Lambs. As I was walking past the TV recently, my beady little eyes spotted the psych ward scene being replayed. I hopped up and down with excitement and pressed rewind.

Unfortunately it was cut, so I was unable to enjoy the full vigor of poor Miggs and his nasty little hobby. I must say, he's quite the shot though. I heard that he swallowed his tongue.

:nuts:

That's the spiderman. Throwing web.

Actually this is one of the few times I agree with PCL. The ATL domicile is very small compared to all the others. It is 1/3rd the size of the smallest of the remaining bases. It appears that it could very well be just to placate the trannies in the short term. We've come to expect the worst from GK and company. I truly hope that is does expand but I am not planning on it.

Phred

Actually this is one of the few times I agree with PCL. The ATL domicile is very small compared to all the others. It is 1/3rd the size of the smallest of the remaining bases. It appears that it could very well be just to placate the trannies in the short term. We've come to expect the worst from GK and company. I truly hope that is does expand but I am not planning on it.

Phred
Maybe another way to look at the ATL is that it has really been two half-domiciles for quite a while now. About this time next year we should get a better idea of it's true size after being fully "Optimized" (man, am I getting sick of that word....)

Regarding ATL you've got to have perspective. Simply remember Morris Air, they were doing very well in SLC untill the shotgun wedding and then Southwest totally messed up the process and the competing airline, Delta, recovered nicely.

Regarding ATL you've got to have perspective. Simply remember Morris Air, they were doing very well in SLC untill the shotgun wedding and then Southwest totally messed up the process and the competing airline, Delta, recovered nicely.

How did SWA mess that up

Latest resources

Back