So how was the SWA open house?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Old School 737 said:
I'm not slamming SWA and I like them a lot but people winning interviews as door prizes? Is this correct. I figured if you are qualified and meet their minimums you would get a call based on experience, flight hours, recommendations, etc. Not from some guy pulling your name from a hat. But then again mabe that is how they have been selecting people for interviews in the past?

A close friend of mine was won of the interview winners. He has nearly 7,000 hours with 3,000 PIC Jet. He is furloughed NWA and is currently flying as a CA on a Lear. It could not have happened to a better more qualified person IMHO. I wish him the best of luck as I know SWA has been his target for a long time. The others whose names were drawn that did not meet the mins got different prizes. Those that won an interview had the quals. I think it was a great way to end the event.

SWA/FO said:
Amen, I thought, I was the only guy that ever thought this!
Who the hell eats a full meal at 10pm? Drink, party, go to bed then wake up at your leisure and have a nice FULL menu choice the next day. Relax then go fly.

Can't do any of that on AMs because no one parties or is quite as relaxed unless sleeping because they had to awake to an alarm at 0400. It's a different company.

DH2WN said:
Who the hell eats a full meal at 10pm? Drink, party, go to bed then wake up at your leisure and have a nice FULL menu choice the next day. Relax then go fly.

Can't do any of that on AMs because no one parties or is quite as relaxed unless sleeping because they had to awake to an alarm at 0400. It's a different company.

Or you could land at Budapest in the early afternoon, then go sit at an outdoor cafe drinking good beer watching all the women who look like models walk by. After you've done this, go out for a nice dinner then crash for the night. Get up for a leisurely breakfast (champagne included), take a walk along the Danube, check out more scantily clad young women, drink more fine European beer, have dinner again, then go out to a club and watch the young lovlies on the dance floor. Get a full night's sleep, get up for another leisurely breakfast, and finally go fly again...;)

TriStar_drvr said:
Or you could land at Budapest in the early afternoon, then go sit at an outdoor cafe drinking good beer watching all the women who look like models walk by. After you've done this, go out for a nice dinner then crash for the night. Get up for a leisurely breakfast (champagne included), take a walk along the Danube, check out more scantily clad young women, drink more fine European beer, have dinner again, then go out to a club and watch the young lovlies on the dance floor. Get a full night's sleep, get up for another leisurely breakfast, and finally go fly again...;)

Are you hiring!!!??? :D

DH2WN, Your not sleeping with the right people on your overnites. Try the female FA's.

TriStar_drvr said:

24hours in HNL on Waikiki ain't all that bad either. Especially compared to LGA.

PM's RULE :beer:

Latest resources

Back