• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So...have you quit CAL lately??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys finally have got me to respond.

SFR is a typical example of whats wrong at CAL. Your remark about Xjeters being disfunctional really ticked me off when you compared us to scabs. You never worked for Xjt,thank god. We are gonna be the overwhelming majority at CAl and you wont need to bother us once we do get the contract we all deserve. We took the worst regional to work for in the 90's to one of the best. We are the only ones that El Gordo hated, and I wear that as a badge of honor. What have the Cal guys before us managed? Are you trying to get in the CP's office or are you too busy with your nose up Larry's butt? I too have worked very little this year, but I know there are plenty of us that have. Do you have a 147 on furlough sticker anywhere? Or all you wrapped up in your own little world? Just trust your senior IAH guys to have your career in their interest. They have a remarkable track record and would have no problem proving it to you again. After all, your just a number like I am. And for as far as the 98 hire who left. Good for you bud, because you wouldn't be going to HNL and have 20 days off. You would be a reserve 737 Capt in Ewr like me. You would get to go to AMS, some MXP's and Rome's. Your probably making way more at SWA as a 73 fo than the most senior 777 fo here. Good for you man. I think I know who you are and I couldn't be happier for you. Hows life in Houston?

Last edited:
Really? where? BTW, how many days have you worked this year?

If less than 1 day, sign me up.....if not, move along and try again..

good luck..

SFR, please answer my question above. Where did you work prior to CAL?

SFR, please answer my question above. Where did you work prior to CAL?

ASA, just sawy your post. I was Eagle directly after college for 14 months then went to ASA in 2000 for a quick Brasilia upgrade. I liked those places too, but CAL is way better.

Also, compared to my friends at DAL ans SWA, I like my job at CAL better too. I fly a lot less and have some better trips when I do. My SWA equal makes more monty, but still flies a lot more than I do, probably 10 times more than me.

So where is the problem.

BTW, whichever XJT guy is pissed off, oh well, that is the truth, most of you were PFTers.... I remember being on this board in 1998 and people were pissed at you guys then and others for PFT.

I had a different name then on this board.....

Why are you so angry?

Happiness at my work place, and looking forward to coming to work is MY measure of how much I enjoy my job.

Angry?? Uh, ok..... anyways, I like work too, but my time at home with family is more important to me. Also, it gives me time to grow my other business activities.

You guys finally have got me to respond.

SFR is a typical example of whats wrong at CAL. Your remark about Xjeters being disfunctional really ticked me off when you compared us to scabs. You never worked for Xjt,thank god. We are gonna be the overwhelming majority at CAl and you wont need to bother us once we do get the contract we all deserve. We took the worst regional to work for in the 90's to one of the best. We are the only ones that El Gordo hated, and I wear that as a badge of honor. What have the Cal guys before us managed? Are you trying to get in the CP's office or are you too busy with your nose up Larry's butt? I too have worked very little this year, but I know there are plenty of us that have. Do you have a 147 on furlough sticker anywhere? quote]

Well, all I know is that the majority of XJT folks I have flown with had some weird quirks. A lot of you all carry lists of captains not to fly with, strange. You blab about scabs (from a 1983 strike btw), get over it already.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT HERE, QUIT!!!! OR MAKE IT BETTER.........maybe call John Dresser for advice because he is your hero...

Dresser explains alot. Now I get it. Did he turn you down during an Express interview? It was guys like me and the ilk who got rid of him. He turned down a good group of guys that would have fit in. Sorry you were probably one of em. Glad to hear that you are looking for a Mgmt. position at CAL based on some of your posts. I enjoy a good fight and have done and will continue to do things to make things better here at CAL. Just hope your cushy gig lasts. It won't on the 737. Either join the fight we have coming or get on Mgmts side. That way we can find out who's side you really are on. Give Larry my regards.

Gottafly74

Ya I am in HOU and enjoying life here at SWA. I fly 3 on 4 off all month and Usually monday trips. Some months I fly tuesday 3 days. Any hoo I hope things get better over there for ya and maybe I see ya on the road sometime.

Cheers

I remember being on this board in 1998 and people were pissed at you guys then and others for PFT.

I had a different name then on this board.....
Sean:
Were you biting pillows then too? Or was your boyfriend the one biting the pillows?
Either way, I'm sure the scabs love the way you fit right in!

XJT guys.....kinda like scabs, just in a different way...

LOL

This coming from a loser like you that works at a place that doesn't pay health benefits to new pilots. LOL

CAL is soooo 'the MESA of the majors.' LOL

Latest resources

Back