• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So...have you quit CAL lately??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hired at CAL in the fall of 1998. Left the summer of 2004. Best move I ever did. I do not miss flying with scabs and all of the other disfunctional captains there. Not to mention the pos contract that yall are still under. Wait a minute what contract. What a joke of an airline. I will just leave it at that.

wow. and who's the moron now? you'd be a fairly senior 73 captain right now. I'm sure you wouldnt be flying with a scab now! If you look at who's bashing Cal the most it's the very very junior guys. Not saying that they shouldnt be, but i'm fairly senior in the right seat, and work about 12-13 days a month and fly 80 hours, flying mostly brand new airplanes. Yeah, it sucks here.

Can we start this thread when I retire? I will know then for sure if CAL was a bad choice for me!

I really enjoy working for CAL. Flying some great airplanes to some great destinations. When we get a new contract, what will you rag on then?

and remember, CAL has yet to give up scope relief for contract improvements. Most majors have. You will not see a 76 or 90 seat "so called" regional jet with first class at CAL. and hopefully that will never change.

I know a better place to work....

Really? where? BTW, how many days have you worked this year?

If less than 1 day, sign me up.....if not, move along and try again..

good luck..

I left CAL after 6-months in 2007. It is rough working there. I have a lot of friends there, and I hope that the militant ex-XJT pilots can turn that place around.

I can honestly say I didn't know how bad it was until I left.

This SFR guy is a perfect example why it is so bad there.

XJT guys are probably the most non rational pilots we have here at CAL. Most of them were PFTers anyways.....kinda like scabs, just in a different way...

Really? where? BTW, how many days have you worked this year?

If less than 1 day, sign me up.....if not, move along and try again..good luck..

Why are you so angry?

Happiness at my work place, and looking forward to coming to work is MY measure of how much I enjoy my job.

wow. and who's the moron now? you'd be a fairly senior 73 captain right now. I'm sure you wouldnt be flying with a scab now! If you look at who's bashing Cal the most it's the very very junior guys. Not saying that they shouldnt be, but i'm fairly senior in the right seat, and work about 12-13 days a month and fly 80 hours, flying mostly brand new airplanes. Yeah, it sucks here.

Moron

There is more to life then being a junior captian at a disfunctional airline.

Trueth hurts doesnt it.

Ya, what's funny is how many will be willing to fluff my nuts for a rec in a few years.

For the guy that left in 98....holy crap you're an idiot. You'd be a 764 FO in EWR doing nothing but HNL and having 18 days off. IDIOT.

Yeah, this place is awful...

I've never heard of anyone complain about working at SWA, UPS, or FedEx...

I've never worked with idiot's at any other flying job...

(The above two statements contain sarcasm, just in case I need to point that out).

Get a clue you moron's - there are always going to be dissenter's, no matter where you work. Keep going for that greener grass and you will have a long list of employers on your resume'.

It so sucks having 20 days off a month and $100K, it is what you make of it. So sad.

Latest resources

Back