• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA(SKW) buys an airline...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Nevets is who I think he is, then he was by far the most vocal and unwavering Xjt pilot who wanted one list or no deal with skw. Unfortunately the Xjt mec didn't let us vote on the issue and many of them are no longer reps because of it.

Could the 37 seaters be meant to replace E120 flying in Denver and/or LA? Hmm.

How much more gas would be used to add 7 more seats? The E120s are perfect for that SoCal flying. 7 extra seats and maybe 5 minutes less flight time? That sounds crazy to me. Then throw in training costs, and it gets worse.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

How much more gas would be used to add 7 more seats? The E120s are perfect for that SoCal flying. 7 extra seats and maybe 5 minutes less flight time? That sounds crazy to me. Then throw in training costs, and it gets worse.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I was thinking more along the lines of the flying Great Lakes does in DEN. But if the planes are paid for, who cares what gas costs. We still fly DC9s (duh).

None Nevets.. I just didn't know you guys were sensitive to who "bought" you. Sorry that I find that humorous. :)

It's ok, just trying to set the record straight. No beggie.

The afformentioned was a response to earlier posts. Your so primed to shoot you are firing blindly............

The MEC represents the pilots. Why didn't the pilots, yourself included, make it well known you wished for solvency and continued independence from the SkyWest umbrella? How many of the MEC members that made this desicion for you continue to serve in a leadership role within the XJ pilot union?

Yeah, who is the one who went on a tangential rant? It wasn't me who was primed to shoot. I was sincerely just giving a dig to the Skywest pilot whipsaw.

As for the MEC, every member of the MEC has a philosophy on how they represent their constituents. Some do the will of the pilots as they perceive it through solicited and unsolicited feedback. Others take the approach that they are leaders (not followers of the will of the pilots) and were elected into that position and given the confidence to make decisions for the pilots. Let's just say that there were more of the latter than the former in that MEC. Out of the 13 members of that MEC, I believe that only three or four of them remain on the MEC. And only one of the original 2008 MEC who categorically turned down the first offer, which I was a member of by the way, remains.

If Nevets is who I think he is, then he was by far the most vocal and unwavering Xjt pilot who wanted one list or no deal with skw. Unfortunately the Xjt mec didn't let us vote on the issue and many of them are no longer reps because of it.

Yes I was and still am. And the fact that that MEC ratified the scope LOA without pilot ratification is the biggest reason why I say they rolled over. Since I've been here, the MECs have never signed an LOA without ever being ratified with a pilot vote. Even the first buyout attempt, the MEC had made it clear that if we did decide to go along with it, it would be put out for a pilot ratification vote. I understand why they went along with it this time. I just didn't agree to the chicken $hit non-pilot ratification vote.

Last edited:

But do those 120s really carry 30 people? I honestly don't know but I've heard they are sometimes weight restricted. I don't ever remember the 135 ever being weight restricted. Also, there are no training costs. And again, UAL is paying the leases on all 30 of these 135s whether they sit in the desert or flying in their colors.

That request has already been granted with no limits on further fleet increases. Came through about a month ago, but I'm far too lazy to look for and provide a link to the press release.

The request that I just saw showed it still not approved. In fact it showed a request from their lawyer to try to move it along.

1 It's not ASA vs Expressjet. It's a CRJ/ERJ issue.

2 250 ERJs are more cost effective than a couple dozen CRJs.

Therefore the growth on the uax side will be ERJs. Don't be surprised if the CRJs fade away on the uax side as the contract for them expires.

Jerry adds non profitable A/C, increases costs dramatically, declares BK and slashes all the CBA's via the legal system, if you knew how much he hates unions you would be worried. Jerry has plans that are 10 moves into the future, its his game and he holds all the cards. What do you bring to the table? A pilot certificate, and skills to fly A/C that very few airlines want on line. If he does this dirty Frank Lorenzoish deed he may achieve hero status with Smisek and garner some other deals we have no idea about. You(we all are) playing checkers when the game is chess.

I was thinking more along the lines of the flying Great Lakes does in DEN. But if the planes are paid for, who cares what gas costs. We still fly DC9s (duh).

For the time being, but they will be replaced by LARGER MD90s---29 of them this year. (DUH).

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest resources

Back