• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA(SKW) buys an airline...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not yet. They have to get approval to increase their fleet.

That request has already been granted with no limits on further fleet increases. Came through about a month ago, but I'm far too lazy to look for and provide a link to the press release.

Asa didn't buy expressjet? I heard expressjet was on the brink of bankruptcy and ASA purhased it.

No, ASA didn't buy XJT. And XJT wasn't on the brink of bankruptcy.

But Dad, Xjet 's profit margins have been -6.0 (2007), -8.7 (2008), -6.9 (2009) and -10.9 (2010) per the DOT FORM 41. Isn't this called in the red?

Yeah, and you can thank the Skywest pilot whipsaw for the last two and a half years of that.

Yeah, and you can thank the Skywest pilot whipsaw for the last two and a half years of that.

But if they are not making money for the past number of years, it doesn't sound like you guys were doing very well.

One other question. If asa didn't buy xjet, why do they own all there stuff now? Name, etc.

Just curious Nevets, but if ExpressJet was so solvent, then why did the ExpressJet MEC allow the merger with ASA? All that needed to be done was to continue to push the one list issue, and JA would have walked away, leaving ExpressJet alone to "prosper".

When will people get it through their heads that the purchasing partner has ZERO leverage over the company bought? There is no entitled benefit to buying as opposed to being bought. Legislation passed in recent years has explicitly forbidden winfalls at another employees expense. All this and more brought to you by the USAirways AmWest merger.

But if they are not making money for the past number of years, it doesn't sound like you guys were doing very well.

Re-read what I said. I never said XJT was doing very well. Just pointing out that the last few years of that was thanks to the Skywest pilot whipsaw game JA plays so masterfully.

One other question. If asa didn't buy xjet, why do they own all there stuff now? Name, etc.

Skywest owns all "their" stuff along with all the ASA stuff. Any other silly questions?

Just curious Nevets, but if ExpressJet was so solvent, then why did the ExpressJet MEC allow the merger with ASA? All that needed to be done was to continue to push the one list issue, and JA would have walked away, leaving ExpressJet alone to "prosper".

When will people get it through their heads that the purchasing partner has ZERO leverage over the company bought? There is no entitled benefit to buying as opposed to being bought. Legislation passed in recent years has explicitly forbidden winfalls at another employees expense. All this and more brought to you by the USAirways AmWest merger.

The XJT MEC was weak and rolled over. They saw big $$ with contract negotiations. Fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. I tip my hat to JA. Who knows, they may end up proving me wrong and I hope they do.

Anyways, I don't know why you are ranting about leverage, entitlements, and windfalls. Has nothing to do with what I posted.

Last edited:
Re-read what I said. I never said XJT was doing very well. Just pointing out that the last few years of that was thanks to the Skywest pilot whipsaw game JA plays so masterfully.

Skywest owns all "their" stuff along with all the ASA stuff. Any other silly questions?

The XJT MEC was weak and rolled over. They saw big $$ with contract negotiations. Fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. I tip my hat to JA. Who knows, they may end up proving me wrong and I hope they do.

Anyways, I don't know why you are ranting about leverage, entitlements, and windfalls. Has nothing to do with what I posted.

None Nevets.. I just didn't know you guys were sensitive to who "bought" you. Sorry that I find that humorous. :)

The afformentioned was a response to earlier posts. Your so primed to shoot you are firing blindly............

The MEC represents the pilots. Why didn't the pilots, yourself included, make it well known you wished for solvency and continued independence from the SkyWest umbrella? How many of the MEC members that made this desicion for you continue to serve in a leadership role within the XJ pilot union?

Latest resources

Back