• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA Anti-PBSers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please explain how you are doing this as several of the trainers that spend everyday in the lounge and claim to know all the ins and outs of the system have thus far been unable to.

How can I tell the system to give me all 4 days right up to the point below the threshold, and then cross the threshold with minimal credit?

I suppose I could make a preference with individual 4 day pairings and then a dayline to accomplish this- and then make 1000 more preferences with different combinations...but I would be more likely to win the lottery than be awarded every single pairing that I want in one preference. Not to mention the amount of time it would take....after all, I like things easy.

hmmmm, do you think any of the PBS trainers go on flight info???????

Yes, you will need many more preferences to accomplish this, and I'm willing to bet that you did not specify credit values for trips in each lines of your preferences? Did you use a second bid sheet?

Don't sit there and say you want things easy and don't want to put the time in, and then put that amount of time into complaining about how the software failed to read your mind.

hmmmm, do you think any of the PBS trainers go on flight info???????

Yes, you will need many more preferences to accomplish this, and I'm willing to bet that you did not specify credit values for trips in each lines of your preferences? Did you use a second bid sheet?

Don't sit there and say you want things easy and don't want to put the time in, and then put that amount of time into complaining about how the software failed to read your mind.

As suspected, you have to no idea how to accomplish this either.

As a matter of fact, I did specify credit values, had three bid sheets with each containing over 20 preferences. I spent the better part of 6 hours fine tuning my bid, plus all the time with trainers, and online tutorials. I feel like I have a pretty good working knowledge of how the system is "going to read my mind". I had vacation for Feb...so my schedule looks just fine this month.

I'm worried about next month.

So I ask again, how specifically can you tell the system to use three or four day trips to take you up to the threshold, and then award you the least possible credit trip to take you just over the threshold, resulting in minimal days of work? -without blindly submitting 1000's of specific but random pairing combinations.

I am in the top 1/8 of the seniority list, and if it can be done, I should be able to do it. Just tell me how...sure would make my life easier!

As suspected, you have to no idea how to accomplish this either.

As a matter of fact, I did specify credit values, had three bid sheets with each containing over 20 preferences. I spent the better part of 6 hours fine tuning my bid, plus all the time with trainers, and online tutorials. I feel like I have a pretty good working knowledge of how the system is "going to read my mind". I had vacation for Feb...so my schedule looks just fine this month.

I'm worried about next month.

So I ask again, how specifically can you tell the system to use three or four day trips to take you up to the threshold, and then award you the least possible credit trip to take you just over the threshold, resulting in minimal days of work? -without blindly submitting 1000's of specific but random pairing combinations.

I am in the top 1/8 of the seniority list, and if it can be done, I should be able to do it. Just tell me how...sure would make my life easier!

Break it down by credit hours, start with the highest, say 21 hours, then 20, and so on. You'll need to specify the off days so either by day of week or if it's vacation you'll want to use specific days. Do that enough so that it's only spitting out a few pairings at a time, YES it takes a while but with the advanced editor it's easier to copy and modify the days. You're trying here to build yourself up to around 65 hours. If you're in the ballpark, then put a length of trip 1 day, or 2, and then just specify the days you wouldn't do it. Keep in mind the days, and this will probably take a pen and paper if you really want to do it right to keep track of the calender.

If you don't click "vacation low," then the company can completely disregard your personal threshold and just keep adding trips, but the key is to check that box off and tell it exactly when you'll work and as long as you make it into the window, in the 50's case 67 was the number in the end, you'll be good.

Never said it would be quick or easy, and even if you're top 1/8 this will probably take 30-45 minutes from scratch. Best of luck, see you in the lounge!

I'm definatley not able to get my 100+ hours a month credit now. All open time is the crap nobody wantded. Especially the nap side. I used to take advantage of the 1st and 2nd of each month. I would pick up a very late duty in on day 1, and a fat 2nd day to usually get 10-11 hour easy 2 day. These are gone now. Now that the nappers are getting what they want, nobody is dropping the high credit naps either. Who wants to come in and pickup someones last roundtrip without min day credit? However, if you want to tag it to the end of your trip that's a nice option. It just seems harder to take advantage of the system to make over 100 hours plus now. Opentime does seem worthless. When did we get so many 5 hours naps?

I'm definatley not able to get my 100+ hours a month credit now. All open time is the crap nobody wantded. Especially the nap side. I used to take advantage of the 1st and 2nd of each month. I would pick up a very late duty in on day 1, and a fat 2nd day to usually get 10-11 hour easy 2 day. These are gone now. Now that the nappers are getting what they want, nobody is dropping the high credit naps either. Who wants to come in and pickup someones last roundtrip without min day credit? However, if you want to tag it to the end of your trip that's a nice option. It just seems harder to take advantage of the system to make over 100 hours plus now. Opentime does seem worthless. When did we get so many 5 hours naps?

If I remember correctly from the LOA on the last day of the the month you can call scheduling and pick up portions of the trips left in open time. Might be able to do it in sKedplus too. That should help ya get 100+

Last edited:
If I remember correctly from the LOA on the last day of the the month you can call scheduling and pick up portions of the trips left in open time. Might be able to do it in sKedplus too. That should help ya get 100+

No need to call scheduling. It can be done electronically on Sked+ on the last day of the month. Those requests are processed in seniority order at the end of the evening SIOT period.

Latest resources

Back