• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA Anti-PBSers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did you fare? Seems really quiet lately.

still trying to figure out the logic.....PCT was set to 60 and wound up getting a 3 day at 15 hours tagged on for a mon/tue/wed at the end of the month. Trips to that point were credited at 68.5 Now at 83 for the month. Not terribly happy, but am assuming its operator error for now.

still trying to figure out the logic.....PCT was set to 60 and wound up getting a 3 day at 15 hours tagged on for a mon/tue/wed at the end of the month. Trips to that point were credited at 68.5 Now at 83 for the month. Not terribly happy, but am assuming its operator error for now.

Credit window minimum was set to 75... it needed to get you to 75 (company mandated) and your preferences were obviously 3-days. thus to fill the gap (instead of logically filling it with something small) the dumb yet "user freindly" software added a whole 3-day trip.

Even though your PCT can be set from 60-120 hours, your schedule's credit must fall within the credit window. This month, the range was 75 - 105 hours (minimum lowered for ATL CRJ). Even if you set 60, the system will keep assigning pairings according to your preferences until the minimum credit window is reached.

Even though your PCT can be set from 60-120 hours, your schedule's credit must fall within the credit window. This month, the range was 75 - 105 hours (minimum lowered for ATL CRJ). Even if you set 60, the system will keep assigning pairings according to your preferences until the minimum credit window is reached.

I understand guys, I'm not bashing here, just taking responsibility for not not selecting enough credit on trips to get to the window......

Credit window minimum was set to 75... it needed to get you to 75 (company mandated) and your preferences were obviously 3-days. thus to fill the gap (instead of logically filling it with something small) the dumb yet "user freindly" software added a whole 3-day trip.

This is my biggest issue right now with PBS. It will rarely matter if the company sets 65, 70, or 75 hours as the minimum. Let say the company sets 70 hours, and my preference for 4 days takes me right up to 64...the software is not smart enough, nor is there an option to say " just give me a day line" to reach that 70 hours. It will tack on another 4 day and just like that I am working another 3 days out of the month that I dont want to...

Can't you bid for your 4 days, then do pairing specific bid for a local on a calander day?? Works at your sister company....
Takes time to figure it out. Im still learning new tricks.. Just think like a computer not a human.

Last edited:
Can't you bid for your 4 days, then do pairing specific bid for a local on a calander day?? Works at your sister company....

If you understood the system you could do exactly that...

Latest resources

Back