• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Smyrna, TN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That UND landing was great, watching the girls headset come flying off, it was the perfect example of what not to do. And the worst part was she didn't even get disqualified!

Just got home from Smyrna today. Had a great time, but it was a COMPLETE Charlie Foxtrot compared to the last 2 SAFECONs I've been to. I hope KSU will be better next year....especially with the parallel runways (a huge benefit in my book). Congrats to everyone....I just wish we (SIU) could've made it into the top 3 this year....I think we would have if the new scoring system would have been introduced already. Anyone notice the hot chicks from Mt. Sac and Hampton?? :D And no, those are not NIFA-goggles in my opinion! :cool: Oh, and is it just me, or did the winner of aircraft rec. cheat???? How in the world do you get 179 out of 180 right? Jeez.....I got 5th, though. :)
Later

Well, I wasnt there this year, but I would guess it was the four-eyed UND dork who sleeps with his rec book.

When we hosted it in MKT 2 falls ago, we were sitting at the table in the hanger between events playing hearts with some SCSU guys (those guys are awesome!). The UND rec guys were sitting at the other end of the table completely ignoring us, on top of the world. They were studying aircraft rec out of their books. Now, this should be a normal sight, right? Well, it flagged us because the rec event was the night prior. WTF? So I passingly called down and said "rec is over boys, come play some cards." Well, in a smug voice one called back "not nationals."

Riiight... :rolleyes:

In defense of some at UND, I met a couple cool guys that were real easy to BS with, but the vast majority are so stuck on themselves and their "duty" to UND that they have the reputation they have earned.

179 out of 180 is absurd. I used to think I was a Rec dork, but not anymore....

One of the guys from Lewis (Region VIII w00t) summed it up perfectly (referring to the UND guy) - "That pasty white f**k doesn't know the touch of a woman, or a guy for that matter, only his Jane's book..."

I, for one, had fun slinging the burgers and hotdogs to the people at MQY. It had to have been a funny sight, the Purdue flight team working concessions at the MTSU SAFECON. Good times, see ya'll in Salina next spring.

Pasty White guy got 179 out of 180? He's to Rec what Drago is to Rocky 4........somebody has to beat him. Then again I never got better than 4 th at Nat's.

Heard some of the scoring was messed too....ah Safecon, some things will never change.

The ramp was larger than the friggin' Sahara, and the honey-hut near the hot box was full by Thursday night. One would think a phone call could get some new blue juice in short order.

The whole episode with UND's static wicks was embarrassing for NIFA as a whole. What kind of idiot damages an airplane, even if it were just static wicks. The idea of someone doing it purposely angers me.

Overall I enjoyed the week, but I need a break from NIFA for a while. I think that's the last competition I'll go to for quite some time.

UnstableAviator said:
The whole episode with UND's static wicks was embarrassing for NIFA as a whole. What kind of idiot damages an airplane, even if it were just static wicks. The idea of someone doing it purposely angers me.

This sounds good. Do explain...

UnstableAviator said:
The ramp was larger than the friggin' Sahara, and the honey-hut near the hot box was full by Thursday night. One would think a phone call could get some new blue juice in short order.

Overall I enjoyed the week, but I need a break from NIFA for a while. I think that's the last competition I'll go to for quite some time.

Yeah, what was the deal? We flew in on Sunday instead of Saturday due to weather delays. NIFA wouldn't let us even fly that day due to the vandalism thing! JEEZ!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back